PDA

View Full Version : [url]www.superchips.co.uk[/url] - The Verdict?

Laine_16v
25-02-2006, 19:02
Evening all,

I bought my Clio 16v from Ebay, it came with one of these fitted, and im guessing its a just a stright swap for the original chip on the ECU.

Supposedly it add 10BHP at a cost of £293.

Does that sound reasonable?

Just wondered if anyone else has ever used one.

Coops
25-02-2006, 19:14
if its straight swap shudnt be that much! 300 notes will get u a tailored remap at chipwizzards specific to your engine and mods al la bighp recently!! off the shelf gibbo does his gunnerchips for 50 quid n they are plug n play!

Laine_16v
25-02-2006, 19:16
if its straight swap shudnt be that much! 300 notes will get u a tailored remap at chipwizzards specific to your engine and mods al la bighp recently!! off the shelf gibbo does his gunnerchips for 50 quid n they are plug n play!

Stupid previous owner, glad i didnt pay for it, the car does go well though.

Im thinking i might just sell this chip and then buy a gunnerchip. The only mods i would have is a panel filter and decat, his chips are pre programmed to recognise this and should give bigger gains (albeit not expecting that much)?

Coops
25-02-2006, 19:17
just been on the site and the 'how is it done?' section is a file not found effort so dunno if they are plug n play or what. for that price tho wud expect a few more ponies yeah!!

Purple
26-02-2006, 00:27
Been running superchips in the Williams for a long while now. Paid about 130pounds for mine. Better driveability and improves the flat spot around 3k-4k. I estimate 5bhp to 10 bhp improvements past 3k rpm and slightly fatter torque curves all round.

IMHO, with non-dyno remapped chips, you can't expect much as the mapping was done blind and thus have to be set conservatively. I think real-time dyno remaps is the way forward these days.

katbloke
26-02-2006, 10:13
when i bought wilma me ole mate renwill had her superchipped and i have a receipt for £280 thereabouts, cant remember exact price now

darrenm1eqn
02-01-2007, 01:54
Ive got a superchips chip on my valver , makes it alot more responsive
but getting a remap for my IK and decat as superchips are setup generic for standard cars (standard exhaust - standard airfilter)

Justin..
02-01-2007, 07:05

gunners chips are for williams tho

summeh
02-01-2007, 17:23
superchips.... waste of money.