PDA

View Full Version : rear caliper set up

katbloke
25-02-2006, 11:17
could someone please post a pic or diagram of exactly how the clips etc look on an assenbled rear caliper for me, just ripped mine apart and want to make sure im putting them back exactly right to ensure caliper doesnt go wrong on me again.

many thanks Graham.

Also supplied with the new caliper was a fitting kit which has 2 copper washers now the old one that came off didnt have any fitted where do they go? im guessing one should go between the caliper and the 13mm extension piece that the pipe goes into not sure about the second one.

katbloke
25-02-2006, 20:01
aaaaaaah crap refitted caliper bled it and pedal goes right to the floor, somehow ive lost a shed load of fluid and have bleed the whole and as i cant shift the locking wheel nuts thats gonna be tricky

2 live
25-02-2006, 20:15
u can just about get a spanner on the bleed nipple with the wheels on mate.....

i have also been told that a gravity bleed is good......fill the res up, loosen all 4 bleed nipples, let it run thru for an hour or so...not tried it, but apparently it works.

Lunner
25-02-2006, 20:18
u can just about get a spanner on the bleed nipple with the wheels on mate.....

i have also been told that a gravity bleed is good......fill the res up, loosen all 4 bleed nipples, let it run thru for an hour or so...not tried it, but apparently it works.

What in addition to the normal bleed, or instead of?

2 live
01-03-2006, 11:58
instead of.....like i say.not tried it.. prefer the manual 'old' way meself like. lol

Lunner
01-03-2006, 17:39
Might have to give it a try, sounds easier lol, worst comes to worst you ahve a system full of fuild

Clio_GTT
01-03-2006, 17:59
ezibleed systems are the best, no messing around

Lunner
01-03-2006, 18:07
If you can get them set up properly, you are the first person i've seen who has praised them