PDA

View Full Version : good car

malbon
24-02-2006, 01:09
with all the bad posts about these unreliable bastard cars which are good when they are good and an an absolute arse when they are not...i thought id post a positive post.

ive had it 2 months now and apart from replacing the steering column - which i knew i was going to have to do anyway im more than happy with it.

the magnex is a pita on the motorway but the car..wait for it...doesnt squeek and rattle :lol: ....starts everytime and is a better and faster drive than my old 172 cup. its comfy and with cat off is an absolute animal. i think my piperx bogs it down low in the revs but i love the sound of it and will aim at the weekend to duct more air to it.

its good in the wet...great in the dry and ive not seen another one on the road since ive owned it.

someone today gave me the EVO copy of the williams vs zonda et al to add to my ownership folder and alltogether im loving it.

the driving position isnt great and the steering wheel really could do with a tilt downwards but apart from that....

Williams...Big up. :) ...

..and pleast dont let me down in the morning :lol:

bass_direct
24-02-2006, 02:14
I have a piperX too, sounds wicked! but I think it's slowing it down lol

Purple
24-02-2006, 02:15
Thing is with car forums, owners with reliable cars don't talk much about it. Whereas, those that break often gets more forum time asking for repair tips.

There are quite a few reliable Williams here. Driven about 110,000 miles on mine with probably less than 1200 pounds of repair bills and less than 10 weeks of downtime (most of which is waiting for parts from France).

IMHO, with most non-japanese cars, a lot depend on luck, maintenance and driver habits.

Winston
24-02-2006, 02:35
They all go bad some day :wink: :roll:

2 live
24-02-2006, 09:01
lol.......another owner with a squeekless, rattle less car.....thort i was on me own in that category lol......and thats with coilovers too.

touch wood....mines only really let me down once....but that wasnt the car, or the driver, but the shite kent cams that were instaslled.....in over 4 years ownership

J o n
24-02-2006, 09:37
mines never squeeked or rattled... it bypasses that right from working to broken... there is no inbetween! lol

Jamie.
24-02-2006, 09:48
i agree with purpleson 100% there. its proven that something negative that happens in your day will always have a greater impact than something positive, e.g finding losing a tenner. if u lost and found a tenner on the floor u wouldnt say i'm of equal utility (happiness) u would still feel down but in actual fact there is no economic consequence on your day. also if u found a tenner alone it would be handy but if u lost one u would feel worse off.

going a bit deep here. :roll:

katbloke
24-02-2006, 10:34
Well ive had my car now for 1 year, put on 2 front tyres had a full service and have currently got a prob with the back brakes all of these are general wear and tear items, shes never let me down even with temps below 0 oh fitted a second hand radiator too, far more reliable than any other car ive owned and easily out performs anything ive ever owned too.

In a word Great.

Swervin_Mervin
24-02-2006, 10:36
with all the bad posts about these unreliable B**t**d cars which are good when they are good and an an absolute arse when they are not...i thought id post a positive post.

ive had it 2 months now and apart from replacing the steering column - which i knew i was going to have to do anyway im more than happy with it.

the magnex is a pita on the motorway but the car..wait for it...doesnt squeek and rattle :lol: ....starts everytime and is a better and faster drive than my old 172 cup. its comfy and with cat off is an absolute animal. i think my piperx bogs it down low in the revs but i love the sound of it and will aim at the weekend to duct more air to it.

its good in the wet...great in the dry and ive not seen another one on the road since ive owned it.

someone today gave me the EVO copy of the williams vs zonda et al to add to my ownership folder and alltogether im loving it.

the driving position isnt great and the steering wheel really could do with a tilt downwards but apart from that....

Williams...Big up. :) ...

..and pleast dont let me down in the morning :lol:

Just you wait. :P

Enid
24-02-2006, 11:54
I've had mine nearly 2 years now and the only time it has ever let me down was a flat battery. Apart from that is been the most enjoyable car to drive and own i've ever had and that included my old 172 Cup!

dannyboy
24-02-2006, 12:34
enid ditto- ive had mine a little over 18months, it needed a new battery, and i've had to service it, MOT and oil change, and thats been it. oh and a puncture, but that the poor condition of the road that caused that, cant blame the car for that. That said my clutch has just started slipping, so its not all good.

Tommo
24-02-2006, 13:38
Think a lot depends how the car's driven, if it spends most of it's life on the red line things will inevitably fail and break.

After 15 months of ownership she's only ever let me down once, cut out and wouldn't start due to a wiring fault which was only a minor thing. Apart from wear and tear parts she's been very reliable so far!

Swervin_Mervin
24-02-2006, 13:57
I used to sound like you 3. Only ever had to spend money on tidying bits of bodywork up that bugged me.

I remember those days. :roll:

Enid
24-02-2006, 20:09
I used to sound like you 3. Only ever had to spend money on tidying bits of bodywork up that bugged me.

I remember those days. :roll:

lol, i'm sure mine will let me down at some point, it is french after all! :wink:

Zollo
25-02-2006, 10:27
Yep, definately too much negative shit on forums

Glad to hear you're enjoying it Malbon. Get it out on track and then you'll really love it :twisted:

malbon
25-02-2006, 10:34
yeah...people only tend to post when they have a problem with the cars :cry: ill be on track soon. just waiting for the weather to pick up and to find a way of taking the abs fuse out without the dash light coming on :lol: