PDA

View Full Version : Where is that noise coing from? :@

Laine_16v
23-02-2006, 12:26
Hi,

From day one of woning my 16v its always had a little squeaky/rubbing noise when i go over bumps..

Now of course i dont expect you to tell me where it is but you can of course help me :D

It happens when maily doing town driving, when going over bumps e.t.c Now...I dont think its a loose piece of interior rubbing sounds like it comes from the drivers side footwell, but cant be sure. Its not a rattling either.

When i go onto the motorway i can never hear it, even when going over bumps, maybe its because there is road noise e.t.c drowning it out, im not really sure.

Im just wondering if it could be a worn engine/gearbox mount making the noise. Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the suspension either.

Cheers for any advice for things i can check :D

McPikie
23-02-2006, 12:32
Could be a bush in the bottom arm?

Laine_16v
23-02-2006, 12:47
Could be a bush in the bottom arm?

Ahh that was the other thing i was going to mention but forgot :).

I guess it could be yes. But i dont really know much about cars so wouldnt know how to replace that.

Would it show up in an MOT? I got one coming up next month.

Cheers.

McPikie
23-02-2006, 13:02
not sure, most probably, but ask them to look anyways.

The actual bushes are cheap.......... gettting them in is the hard part

Swervin_Mervin
23-02-2006, 13:21
Mine squeaks. Always has. Sod it, it'll be reet. MOT won't check that.

Laine_16v
23-02-2006, 13:27
Lol i know its ok, but sometimes it pee's me right off, feel like getting the sledge hammer out and giving it a good whack :P

Purple
23-02-2006, 13:33
Lol i know its ok, but sometimes it pee's me right off, feel like getting the sledge hammer out and giving it a good whack :P Let me know if that works, I need to sort mine out as well :)

BRUN
23-02-2006, 18:19
does it have poly bushes, if so its probably them, they squeek like MAD !

Laine_16v
23-02-2006, 18:40
does it have poly bushes, if so its probably them, they squeek like MAD !

Havent got a clue mate, if it does i didnt put them in there!

Laine_16v
11-03-2006, 21:03
Ive noticed that it only happens when i have my foot on the pedal (accelerating), if i take my foot off i cant hear it.

Can that narrow it down? Bad mount somewhere?

Coops
12-03-2006, 20:25
i've got what i think is the same, sounds like rubber or plastic rustling or squeaking against something! only been doing it since i rebuilt my engine n i got a feeling its the fuel pipes where they go round the engine cam belt top cover, so as u accelerate its rubbing on them.