PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Car !!!

BRUN
20-02-2006, 19:33
after getting the gearbox oil seal sorted on my car, which my dad paid for cos i couldnt afford to get it done, ive now got a noise coming from the cambelt/pulley kind of area !!

bloody great !

to me it doesnt sound like the alt........

ive got a garage around the back of my house and the mechanic is ex Renault + Nissan so ill let him have a listen.....

it sounds almost as if the pulley is rubbing on the belt casing......ish

no point in strippin it all down though if im not gonna change the belt while im there, so i guess im gonna have to get that done !

Martin
20-02-2006, 19:45
get a better paid job fella you are always broke! :wink:

1fast6
20-02-2006, 19:55
seems one of the risks of ownership for a valver/willy is the constant repair bills :( They never seem to stay fixed for long.

neilc
20-02-2006, 23:38
I get that.

put a bit of oil down the back of pulley, normally the PAS one (I think, well the front one lol) and it should fix it.

Mine gets bad after driving it in the rain etc.

Swervin_Mervin
20-02-2006, 23:56
I find the best approach is to stop worrying about noises. If it's bad enough it'll break and then you can fix it. :P

Car has (touches wood) never actually broken down on me, even though she's had wadges of cash thrown at her.

BRUN
21-02-2006, 01:16
LOL

i dont have PAS but ill try the oil trick

ive now noticed the noise seems to go once the car has warmed up

Purple
21-02-2006, 01:59
Sounds like a worn fanbelt (or whatever the non-cambelt is called). Mine occasionally sounds like mice being tortured when starting up in the morning but disappears when warmed. Belting spray should usually quieten the belt (though sometimes make it worse).

neilc
21-02-2006, 09:23
or quick fix WD40 :D

BRUN
23-02-2006, 22:11
get a better paid job fella you are always broke! :wink:

might have somethin rather good in the pipeline on that front !