PDA

View Full Version : 2002 plate 1.5dci rumbling noise/ mk 1 sunroof leaking

DOOBSTER
20-02-2006, 12:50
Although not a williams issue u might be able to assist [hopefully] we own amongst other Renaults a 2002 1.5dci which at 16000 miles has developed a rumbling noise at all speeds and on all road types whether braking/cornering or not so pretty much all the time, the car has just been motd and mechanically checked with no faults found.
So my question is this are ther any inherant faults on these cars that could be causing this, its almost as if you are constantly running over cats eyes or the rumble strip on the motorway surely we cannot be the only ones experiencing these types of problems are we ?.
Also on my mk 1 1.4 rt either the sunroof or the ariel hole is leaking somewhat onto the control module for the remote alarm and cent locking which is damn annoying and provides an impromptue shower to passangers, any suggestions as to the cause or cure ?.
All repiles would be much appriciated as we are collectively running out of ideas to try and eradicate thesec issues in otherwise suberb cars

Riley
20-02-2006, 12:53
are the wheels tight, are they balanced properly, is a wheel buckled? has a wheel bearing gone? theres a few things for you to look at ;)

DOOBSTER
20-02-2006, 13:08
As far as we are aware they are it has just passed an mot so surely the moter would of noticed it if not the case, and it has just gone through rigiousros mechanical testing also looking for cause that found nothing either.
What i am seeking to find is any inherant faults these cars may face eg manufacturers faults that the cars may of been recalled for .
Or do these cars just drive like that anyway, and in actual fact there is nothing you can do about it.
Your points would be appriciated