PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

Mooseman
20-02-2006, 09:57
Has anyone heard about Top Gear this morning? I'm aware that there are quite a few keen watchers on here, so I thought I'd mention it. Basically, the producers at BBC1 were looking at relocating the show, and the track, as a facelift for the programme, but this has been met with so many toys being thrown out of prams by the locals at the new proposed track, that the local planning authority has ditched these plans, which leaves Top Gear in limbo!! Also, the show only has until April this year until temporary planning permission expires, which means they will have nowhere to film track stuff, no more star in a reasonably priced car, etc etc. Not good news!! I'm sure the wheels are in motion to sort this whole mess up, but I'm pretty disappointed at the usual hassle and nonsense that local authorities can cause, especially when they are looking to reduce the already limited quality petrolhead material on the box!!! :evil:

Gav
20-02-2006, 10:19
thats shite!

but what was wrong with the old track?....

Zollo
20-02-2006, 11:00
:roll:

I'm sure they'll sort something out though. Cheers for the heads up Mooseman :D

Andyvalver
20-02-2006, 11:03
Im sure they will sort something out tbh. The bbc knows that top gear is a big show and im sure someone will let them use their track as its good publicity and advertising for them.

Mooseman
20-02-2006, 11:08
Got no doubt something will be sorted, but I'd be disappointed to hear that the show faced a reduction in the track time seen, from Stig to Clarkson, its all good beans. Here some more relevant info,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4432279.stm

Zollo
20-02-2006, 11:22
FFS, why can't these do-gooder idiots just **** OFF and do something useful for our planet :x

Jimbob
20-02-2006, 12:23
They are a resorceful bunch and will sort it out. If all else fails I'm sure they'll just hire their closest race track - probally Donnington!

Lunner
20-02-2006, 15:13
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4731958.stm

Not sure how they woudl get on with teh sound regs at Donnington, and it woudl cost a fortune

Jamie.
20-02-2006, 15:14
these ppl are just wasteing my oxygen