PDA

View Full Version : hELLO FROM DOOBSTER

DOOBSTER
19-02-2006, 17:35
Hello, im the one the only DOOBSTER a re incarnation of Doobie from the Harry Potter films, dont worry im not mad crazy or anything such like.
I am however a great fan of the renault car and currently own 3 of them a 96 model 1.4 rt which is currently being rebuilt, a 02 plate 1.5 dci in shiny black with only 16.000 on the clock and a brand new 05 plate 7 seater Senic thats what you call renaulted out i think you might say or truse frogeyed.
Anyways a bit aboot ma sell, i own my own transport company up er in Glasgow on the bamks o beutiful Loch Lomond and our graet National Park within, we love this area and wouldnt move no matter what, the peace and tranquility is second to none and more importantly we can work on our cars unhindered from nosy neighbours unlike the centre of Glasgow.
Im 40 odd with a 29 yr old partner and a 17 yr old son my partnet drives the dci i drive the sebic and my son will inherit the 1.4 when he passses the driving test, and i want a williams to put in the garage and drive on nice sundays like today.
Maybes you might be able to assist with a few wee problems with our current fleet.
The 1.4 rt 96 model has a leaking sunroof or ariel hole any suggestions or inherant problems and cures to this really annoying problem as otherwise the cars immaculate.
And the dci is a 2002 model 1.5 dci dymanique model which when driving at any spee on any road surface makes a kind of annoying rumbling noise as if you were driving over a rumble strip or cats eyes etc the car has just been motd and mechanically checked with no faults being found on it any ideas or remidies would be approiciated.
We will shortly be in the market for a williams and in the meantime would accept emails of any parts for same to upgrade the 1.4 to williams spec interior, wheels spoilers etc
Looking forward to a very useful and active membership on your forum
Doobster

FATBOY
19-02-2006, 19:09
welcome to the site mate! and enjoy your stay! hope you find the forum very useful for yourself. we do have a few members your way, and i believe there have been a few scottish meets?

northy
20-02-2006, 09:40
hello and welcome :D

Gav
20-02-2006, 11:30
welcome matey :D

Scott-16v!
20-02-2006, 11:43
Welcome aboard chap :)

DOOBSTER
20-02-2006, 11:52
Thanking you for your replies, still not found the answers to my queries however, going to go out today and strip the car to attempt to find the root of the problems on both cars.
Any further suggestions would be most helpful

wavy
20-02-2006, 12:33
welcome mate

J o n
20-02-2006, 12:46
Northy's the sunroof master! welcome mate too!

Purple
20-02-2006, 12:47
The rumbing noise might be wheel bearing problem.

If the antenna is leaking, you should getting moisture under the interior lights. Probably cracked antenna housing/cap, quite cheap and easy to replace.