PDA

View Full Version : just fallen i love with the williams

matt uk
18-02-2006, 23:48
just been able to have my first proper blast in her since the misfire was apparently sorted..

basically i changed the plugs and all seems well apart from once small moment yeasterday when pulling off she seemed to hold back and then go again..,. wierd

anyway i can have a good thrash in her now

got all tyres up to 30psi and took to the bends of a nice backroad

handled great even in icy cold conditions, so so much better than valver.

also you never have to shut off the gas and brake you can literally just cruise round every corner.

anyway on way back it was motorway time.

booted it thru gears and stuck in 4th up a long slight uncline changed at around 110mph and to my suprise 5th seemed to carry on pulling.

i remembe on the same road it was almost better to stay in 4th at this point of the road to achieve top speed cause 5th would just not pick up at all.

anyway exit the hill around 120 (still no missfire) foot to floor and i was getting between 135/140 when i saw a car ahead som i eased off incase it was pigs etc.

and thats with just a pipercross, maybe these machines are quite nippy after all!

matt

Scott-16v!
18-02-2006, 23:52
it's no longer up for sale then? :wink:

matt uk
18-02-2006, 23:57
well the miss fire seems to have gone now(touch wood)
apart from rare occassions

the plugs were ****ed, they were the right white furry colour they should be but the gap on the electrodes were corroded badly

just dont think they could hack the high revs.

keep getting oil in the ht leads tho as i think the rocker gasket needs replacing. could this cause a missfire at all?

really tempted to shove a decat on.

might keep this for a bit as it shouldnt lose to much value if it stays in the condition its in...

FATBOY
19-02-2006, 01:41
if ya after a de cat get a lunner decat!

Gav
19-02-2006, 11:22
well either way mate ur gonna make a profit! 1200 squid...bargain

keep telling everyone how u love to thrash the bollox off it tho dont think anyone from here will buy it :wink:

freebone16v
19-02-2006, 12:18
nice mate...i think you should probably keep it now..lol

matt uk
19-02-2006, 20:24
i actually drive quite conservative to save fuel

i just thought i had to give it some at least once to see how she went