PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tara
17-02-2006, 21:58
Just wanted to say hello as i have just registard :wink: on the look out for a nice Williams at the moment just for sunny weekend use as i always liked them but never got around to buying one, I would just like to know if all 3 models are equally as desirable?I am after a mint example and must be low milage and original :)
I thought this looked like a very nice example 8) does anyone know the car?

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9951

FATBOY
17-02-2006, 22:02
welcome to the site!!! that willy 3 is mint! cant go far wrong! in my opinion the williams 3 is the beat of the bunch!(not bein biased there) lol

check out the tech spec on the main page which lists the differences between the williams,williams 2 and williams 3

Lunner
17-02-2006, 22:05
Welcome.

If i wanted orignal i'd go for willy 1, if i wanted to mod it then willy 2

Tara
17-02-2006, 22:06
Welcome.

If i wanted orignal i'd go for willy 1, if i wanted to mod it then willy 2

And willy 3 ?

Lunner
17-02-2006, 22:09
not on my list....sorry

Gav
17-02-2006, 22:11
lol

minus a sunroof and some electrical gizmoes there practically the same [except different blue one the 1 to the 2's & 3's IIRC]

when i get my williams it will be a 2 Tara, but there all equally as fast nothing different performance wise

welcome to the forum also :D

richy
17-02-2006, 22:16
hello and welcome, ignore lunner he has a rsi lol

i have a williams 3 and love it (sometimes), but would be equally happy with any aslong as good conditon!

Tara
17-02-2006, 22:31
hello and welcome, ignore lunner he has a rsi lol

i have a williams 3 and love it (sometimes), but would be equally happy with any aslong as good conditon!

Why sometimes?and are their things to look out for :(

Gav
17-02-2006, 22:36
you will know straight away if it is a replica
but
rusty arches - not nice to have on a clio but common

he probably said sometimes because at the end of the day its a renault and there high maintenance but real real good fun.

something will break as time goes on Tara but if u buy a minta not much will go wrong and it will be cheap to fix [fatboys williams has never had an expensive bill since he has owned it]

for a minta tho, dont expect to pay any less than 3.5k imo

Tara
17-02-2006, 22:44
you will know straight away if it is a replica
but
rusty arches - not nice to have on a clio but common

he probably said sometimes because at the end of the day its a renault and there high maintenance but real real good fun.

something will break as time goes on Tara but if u buy a minta not much will go wrong and it will be cheap to fix [fatboys williams has never had an expensive bill since he has owned it]

for a minta tho, dont expect to pay any less than 3.5k imo

So is this a good one?
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9951

Gav
17-02-2006, 22:45
thats a stunning one. Real clean. But obviously your choice dont buy the 1st one you see but that one is a good example 8)

Tara
17-02-2006, 22:48
thats a stunning one. Real clean. But obviously your choice dont buy the 1st one you see but that one is a good example 8)

Thanks :wink: but sometimes the first one you see is the best :idea:

richy
17-02-2006, 22:49
lol i say sometimes as i get annoying niggley things on mine yet fatboy has no problems!

Gav
17-02-2006, 22:50

Thanks :wink: but sometimes the first one you see is the best :idea:

probably true if u go see that one 1st
good luck wit it all tho Tara.....

FATBOY
17-02-2006, 22:56
if you love your wheels they will love you back!!!! :wink: still gotta get that bloody windscreen done!!! :(

FATBOY
17-02-2006, 22:57
ooops forgot to add! remember i only drive the car at weekends!

Zollo
18-02-2006, 10:51
Hi ya :)

That Williams 3 looks really nice. I'd say go and have a look at a few others first though, just to get an idea.

No real difference between the 1,2,3. The 1s are worth slightly more generally, but only because they're the true limited edition one, with the numbered plaque. It's also based on a slightly older model (Phase 1), so some cosmetic details are diffferent. The 2 is almost identical, bar having electric mirrors and side impact bars in the doors. The 3 is a different (nicer I think) shade of blue, and has a sunroof (that commonly leaks). That's basically about it.

They're all identical mechanically speaking though, so it should be down to finding the one in the best condition for the money you can spend.

Good luck!

Andy
18-02-2006, 11:34
they are all the same car give or take

dont fall into the willy 1 trap most of the ones i look at have been ragged and are nackered if you want a mint willy 1 start looking hard and be quick they change hands for stupid money still never seen a real minter

the 2 nicest ones i no of are willy 2 (look at gaz 2s)
seem to be in better condition and lower mileage

and lets face it who wants a gold chav plaque :wink:

Scott-16v!
18-02-2006, 17:27
Hello and welcome :)