PDA

View Full Version : how much should i be paying 4 a 2nd hand williams head folks

Tiger
15-02-2006, 18:37
after months being off the road, i finally got it towed to a garage and basically the head is wrecked, guy told me to try and source a head rather than try and repair it, one of the guys off here has one sittin but i dont know how much they are worth and i dont think he does either, anyone shed any light on it?

also, does anyone know any decent/reasonably cheap couriers who would collect something like this for me? how is it best packaged etc?

any help appreciated, cant wait to get it back on the road ive missed rivin it so much :(

cheers

Tony

matty
15-02-2006, 19:25
Used parcelfusion for sending a turini wheel and tyre to someone. 9.95 for next day up to 25kg.

As for heads, one is on ebay at the moment with 4 bent valves.

VIPERONE
16-02-2006, 00:27
tiger whts wrong with the head

Tiger
16-02-2006, 12:22
tiger whts wrong with the head

the guy just sais its totally ****ed, hed need to replace all the valves, guides etc i dont know fuk all about engines, he said it would be cheaper sourcin a head rather than repair it all, im just dyin to get it back on the road, i miss it so much its unreal :(

Tiger
16-02-2006, 20:03
anymore thoughts on this folks? i really need to get this sorted asap as the car is sittin in the guys garage takin up space in the yard

cheers

Tony

Coops
16-02-2006, 20:53
what happened to make the head ****ed? may be salavgeable dependin on what happened!get him b more specific bout damage wud b good place to start!

i know winston at LTR sells valver heads for about 60 quid iirc but willy head wud be rarer! not sure if they get broken from the rest of the engine often. give him a PM on here!

Tiger
16-02-2006, 21:50
what happened to make the head f**ked? may be salavgeable dependin on what happened!get him b more specific bout damage wud b good place to start!

i know winston at LTR sells valver heads for about 60 quid iirc but willy head wud be rarer! not sure if they get broken from the rest of the engine often. give him a PM on here!

my cambelt snapped at 20mph

hes quoted me 400-500 to strip the old head out and put the other one in, is this reasonable?

also, is there anything on the goosed head that could be kept like the cams etc? i read that they are very rare

cheers

Tony