PDA

View Full Version : just fitted my decat

freebone16v
15-02-2006, 13:19
well i went out last night got the car up on stands and then sprayed all the bolts with wd40....

went back out this morning and got underneath to undo the bolts....2 moved and 2 were fooked...at which point i decided to go to a friends garage and get it up on ramps..

once there we had to use lots of different tools to get the 2 dam bolts out....air saw..air chisel...lol

got the bolts off and fitted the decat with new gaskets also...used paste aswell...

was sticking below 3k on the minute drive home but could still notice the better pick up...it didn't seem that much louder either

a quick question..am i best to leave the paste aslong as possible to set?

Lunner
15-02-2006, 15:53
Howe long weas the drive home, it will set once the exhaust gets hot

McPikie
15-02-2006, 16:04
I was giving mine full bore within the hour :lol:

J o n
15-02-2006, 16:13
I was giving mine full bore within the hour :lol:

yeah ditto, mines usually sat at idle as i'm talking to Mike once he's fixed it usually... then it's give it beans time!

freebone16v
15-02-2006, 18:26
the drive home wasen't really long enough to get it hot hot, but i went out this afternoon and it would have got hot by then....will test properly on the way to uni tomorrow..

need pops and flames now

Rajk
16-02-2006, 03:05
depending on the ecu your running, i found on mine that at 3k you ease off the throttle and then apply again, you get a nice bang and pop.