PDA

View Full Version : BRIGHT BLUE DIALS!!!!

matt uk
14-02-2006, 22:18
silly question but i've just been looking through my williams history and theres the origanol brochure in there and shows a williams in the dark and the ****in dials glow bright blue!

mine are blue in day but at night there just like a valvers!!!!!

grrr it'd better be just a bulb

FATBOY
14-02-2006, 22:27
they are all that orange colour IIRC even my willy 3's are orange! reckon you could change the bulb/s to blue ones but then again its not standard is it??

Coops
14-02-2006, 22:32
think he's talkin bout the dials themselves, not the backlit numbers n needles. bound to be renault publicity mate nowt to worry bout, the dails only blue when u got daylight!

matt uk
14-02-2006, 22:35
phew

i was fuming just then! lol

though someone had put dodgy dials in.

they do look mint in the renault book tho !

FATBOY
14-02-2006, 22:37
change the bulbs to blue and they will then glow blue mate! ive thought about it but i think ive heard its a pain to get to the bulbs IIRC???

Gav
14-02-2006, 22:37
hmm wouldnt mind mine in red :D

Coops
14-02-2006, 22:40
surely u mean naples?

matt uk
14-02-2006, 22:41
its tempting but as you said earlier standard is more appealing if i chose to sell

the moment people think the dash has been out their gonna be put off.

Coops
14-02-2006, 22:42
good call mate! am fooked on that one! ah the joys fo owning a lowly valver!! :wink:

Gav
14-02-2006, 22:46
nah red mate, wouldnt think u can get naples bulbs :wink:

VIPERONE
15-02-2006, 11:32
There is no way easily of making the dials go blue.. i have taken 2 sets apart trying to do this. The plastic is perpex orange at a push you can get red with a filter gel.. but not Blue.. Arse.

Lunner
15-02-2006, 11:41
There is no way easily of making the dials go blue.. i have taken 2 sets apart trying to do this. The plastic is perpex orange at a push you can get red with a filter gel.. but not Blue.. Arse.

What about simply taking the orange plastic out and putting blue bulbs in?

Mattie
15-02-2006, 12:24
change the bulbs to blue and they will then glow blue mate! ive thought about it but i think ive heard its a pain to get to the bulbs IIRC???

its not 2 hard....just a ****a disconectin the speedo etc from the bk of the dials....u have 2 rip them out lol

smokey
15-02-2006, 16:53

there not bulbs as such, there LED's soldered onto the PCB

Its a right bitch to do but is possible and only costs a few quid

Justin..
15-02-2006, 19:23
there not LED's :? when i had my rt i put white dials in and they were just little bulbs, cos i swapped some non essential ones for ones that had blown.

surely the clock wouldnt be LED, they'd be looadsa brighter if they were, plus i think the cars are a bit old for LED illuminated instruments :wink:

Lunner
15-02-2006, 19:35

there not bulbs as such, there LED's soldered onto the PCB

Its a right bitch to do but is possible and only costs a few quid

EH???

They are bulbs that are fixed inot a little plastic holder and they turn half a turn and puull out.

Get some lens tinting spray in blue and hey presto you have blue bulbs

Clio_GTT
15-02-2006, 19:45
Smokey's talkin about mk2 dials, the mk1 dials have bulbs, some of the 16v dials have clear perspex behind the dials, the willy ones have orange, even with the clear perspex and blue LED's they still glow murky orange, know why ??? because the dials have an orange tint to them, the only way to make them blue would be clear perspex and some metal monkeys

matt uk
16-02-2006, 17:28
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9951

look at one ofthe photos one here the dials look blue in the dark like in the brochure.

mine arent like that at all??????????????

do you guys get what i mean now

my dials just look darker blue in the daylight and you wouldnt know the differance better them and a valver moment it gets dark...

i'm confused?

Justin..
16-02-2006, 19:16
just the camera flash mate :wink:

smokey
17-02-2006, 01:47
Smokey's talkin about mk2 dials, the mk1 dials have bulbs, some of the 16v dials have clear perspex behind the dials, the willy ones have orange, even with the clear perspex and blue LED's they still glow murky orange, know why ??? because the dials have an orange tint to them, the only way to make them blue would be clear perspex and some metal monkeys

Oops yeah......sorry Lunner my mistake lol :oops:

Gav
17-02-2006, 10:40
dude what do yours look like then, can we get some pics?

1fast6
18-02-2006, 15:03
guys its just a case of removing the orange plastic film from the dials and replacing it with clear. Then using blue 501 bulbs for the main dash illumination.

It IS difficult to do properly and very fustrating but it can be done.

VIPERONE
18-02-2006, 17:22
Its bollox ive investigated it its more trouble than its worth. either get a digidash or just do with orange lol