PDA

View Full Version : Help.... Do you need a Drink Doctor???

LucyLoo
14-02-2006, 20:36
Hi all not been on for ages as I no longer own the willy :cry: anywho need as many peoples opinions as possible on the following subject! I'm in the process of buying an off license that I have managed for the past couple of years and am looking for ways to expand the business, I was thinking about a delivery service of some sort, possibly out of hours??

Anyway I came across this site www.thedrinkdoctor.com it hasn't had too many hits but if u could take a look and let me know if it is something you personally would use?

I do think the prices are massively inflated, but not too sure of the cost of running something like that and mine would be cheaper with a much bigger selection, we all ring up and order curries and pizzas after a few but would you be prepared to pay for more beer? Or would you just be more prepared???

Any response massively appreciated :lol:

Coops
14-02-2006, 21:48
use the 24hour beer guy round warrington few times! top stuff n u dont care bout a quid a can or so when ur shitted neway so yeah theres money to be made!! u can run it 24hrs n all so long as money only changes hads within ur licensing hours! :shock: :wink:

Lunner
15-02-2006, 00:19
Can't say i'd ever do that, although tehre have been a few times in the wee small hours when we've gone on missions trying to find an open offie, and come up dry

Kelly
16-02-2006, 16:11
Ooh!

Hows this come about then?

With the delivery idea, I'd look into the licencing first, before you go into too much detail about trying to set it up. It is a good idea, but remember it would be on a very local area to start with, are the people there in the local area to support the idea?

Gimme a shoult on any advertising or marketing info you might need :) I can look at all media for you and profiling of areas so you know what kind of people are living in certain postcode sectors etc :)

Big G
16-02-2006, 16:50
I can look at all media for you and profiling of areas so you know what kind of people are living in certain postcode sectors etc :)

Marple - Biddy's

smokey
16-02-2006, 16:54
Are you allowed to sell alcohol after 11pm or is it only pubs that are allowed 24hr licensing? I know our off license int allowed to sell after 11.
We have never used a delivery service as such but our local Taxi company will send a driver to the Off license to pick us up a crate of Stella and only charge £3 + the cost of the slab :wink:

McPikie
16-02-2006, 17:23
Lucy, Turn up with the baps out and I will buy after hours beer from you :lol:

wavy
16-02-2006, 18:56
i thought of the same idea last year but it went tits up as soon as i started to look at the liecence laws
they was very unsure of the laws but they said i would have to have a secure property then get a licence for it ( same class as a pub)then get a personal licence
good luck if u go ahead with it i think it will work because as u have said ppl ring out for food all the time why not beer

LucyLoo
17-02-2006, 00:20
Cheer sfor the comments :)

The licensing is something I still have to look into, although with the new licensing laws it is allowed, tesco and 24 hr garages are selling all night, still not sure it's viable yet tho.... and I already have a premises license and a personal license.

Cheers Kelly we STILL need to arrange that drink I have sooo much goss!

Pikie..... U know u can ring me anytime and i'd turn up with a crate and my baps out..... :roll: Just don't tell G or he'll expect the same treatment!

McPikie
17-02-2006, 08:56
Pikie..... U know u can ring me anytime and i'd turn up with a crate and my baps out..... :roll: Just don't tell G or he'll expect the same treatment!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good lass, expect a call soon................. but leave the beer at home, just bring some lube instead :wink: