PDA

View Full Version : intake air temp sensor mod?

david932
14-02-2006, 18:56
i've got a air intake pipe and ducting fitted to my williams of a aston martin vantage. i also have the air intake temp sensor (have not fitted), its the type of sensor where a section of wire come's out of the sensor housing and returns back again(looks similar as if u were to bridge a fuse). the section of pipe with the sensor currently fits right behind the fog light aparture on the williams. would anyone know whether it would be of any advantage to get the air temp from this positon and would it be any more accurate bearing in mind the air would be cooler than the original position. and would the ecu accept this sensor if i was to wire it in( theres justs 2 wires so im assuming a + and a -). i am still to have my car re-mapped at chip wizzards. im askin this because on the aston martin the sensor sits pretty much in the airbox directly of a cold air feed. im guessing the technological advances in a brand new aston would be much greater than a 12 year old renault. any advice?

Anders
14-02-2006, 19:03
I would of thought that the temp sensor for our old cars sits where it sits because it is taking the temp right before entering into the combustion chamber..

The aston may have one located right at the air intake, however it might have one just before or inside the inlet manifold also...so the electronics can determine the heat transfer and associated humidity drop and oxygen levels?? Might not be temp sensor, could be inlet airflow speed or pressure?

Might be talking complete balls, but it sounds good. Or at least it does to me..

Either way, I would keep the sensor where it should be...but the re-map will address any temp, air-flow/mixture settings anyway so i guess it doesn't really matter

Lunner
14-02-2006, 19:46
Might have better luck getting teh air intake temp sensor off the RSi to work

Clio_GTT
14-02-2006, 21:15
whats the point in making it overfuel :roll: :roll: