PDA

View Full Version : De-Cat Question

NorthernScooby
13-02-2006, 22:52
Hard one to gauge as depends on how you drive etc but need a new exhaust system for the Willy and was considering a decat system, now put one of these on my P1 and have gone from getting 240 miles for £50 to closer to 150 and don't want to be in the same situation, is it as noticeable?

And now for exhaust, what would you personally recommend and where from?

big hp
13-02-2006, 22:56
I didn't notice any difference in fuel economy TBH.

I've got a Magnex system and love it, One of the louder exhausts tho, not nova sr style though :roll:

Scorpion are only just bit louder than standard.

Other people like Powerflow custom exhausts.

Generally any of them three and your onto a winner.

NorthernScooby
13-02-2006, 22:57
I had a Scorpion when I had a valver about ten years ago and loved it but wanted to try something a bit different so may go for your first suggestion.

Feel a bit of a ding as am new to Willy's and have bought one to give a bit of TLC and use for day to day but am clueless on parts/outlets.

Any suggestions?

big hp
13-02-2006, 23:01
For performance parts - http://www.k-tecracing.com/ http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/selector.asp
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

I always use Renault for parts or a forum user here called Matbrown, he has every part you could possibly need.

Lots of people use GSF as well, http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

Look st links on opening page, lots of companys on there :wink:

J o n
14-02-2006, 09:41
I've had a magnex on a Willy and they sound the cats tits, only gripe was it was really boomy on the mway unless your going over a ton.

Powerflow is my preferred choice these days, quiet loud, not too bad, but extremely raspy and they pop and flame like no other exhaust... which lets face, it's what you need 8) :lol:

stew
14-02-2006, 16:02
Im running a devil system, very raspy, but not that intrusive on motorways. (maybe coz all i can hear is rolling noise from the road! :wink: )

I would recommend :

(i) Custom - Powerflow or Blueflame - Built to your specs and usually best for a rattle free system!

(ii) Off-the-shelf cat back system - Mongoose (can rattle over the axle), Magnex (ive had no problems with them - tad dronney!), Scorpion (rattle on rear axle, often sit too low as well), Devil (rattle on rear axle)

Basically if (IMO) your car is lowered you want a custom exhaust. Most off the shelf systems rattle on the rear axle as there isnt much clearence.

Id also suggest one with a 'straight thru' centre section, much raspier and much more popping and banging on the over-run! It also means you wont keep nocking your centre box on speed bumps!

Lunner
14-02-2006, 18:42
I'd recommnend a staraight through centre section as above, and a Lunner Brand de-cat, a steal at £35 delivered

big hp
14-02-2006, 19:48
="TheJesus"]I've had a magnex on a Willy and they sound the cats tits, only gripe was it was really boomy on the mway unless your going over a ton.

Powerflow is my preferred choice these days, quiet loud, not too bad, but extremely raspy and they pop and flame like no other exhaust... which lets face, it's what you need 8) :lol:

My magnex constantly pops and flames, ask jay s, LOL

TBH I would buy a S/S decat but thats me and my personal preference.

J o n
14-02-2006, 20:04
="TheJesus"]I've had a magnex on a Willy and they sound the cats tits, only gripe was it was really boomy on the mway unless your going over a ton.

My magnex constantly pops and flames, ask jay s, LOL

TBH I would buy a S/S decat but thats me and my personal preference.

not sure if my magnex flamed... prolly did, just didn't know how to get it to do it... lol

big hp
14-02-2006, 20:15
I didn't realise mine did until drive back from Hillpower on sat and jay said my williams was flaming like a gooden :D I just rev it past 5k, back off and it pops and flames. ALso flames at 6.5/7k RPM shifts I believe.

Needs to get nice and warm first but then you know all that.

richy
14-02-2006, 20:23
i use to have a devil grp a/n system with decat and that was fecking loud! then tryed a magnex which was better but still loudish, i now run a scorpion system and decat with is noticeable but alot better then the previous systems! glad i have it as i can hear myself think now lol

also fuel wise its fine on motorways but when ragging its alittle worse tbh, not massivly tho