PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

Mish_16V
12-02-2006, 23:52
Most of you by now should understand how much I love the clio. There was talks of selling it but now I want to keep it, put money into it and do it properly....

so first of all i've been looking at Coilover kits. Just need a bit of advice

Wanting to change suspension, was originally going for just a full Bilstein Kit but....have now seen coilovers that I can afford

Just wanting a bit of advice from people in the no or people who have them... Is it like fitting normal suspension, how crap are they to adjust, are they something best left to the pro's or can any old reno driving bird give them a go?!

I'm guessing the ride is like nothing else but just wanting to no whether they really do live up to their hype

Any opinions/advice much appreciated

Justin..
13-02-2006, 00:06
glad ur keepin her mish.

but on the technical side.... sorry no idea :oops:

Clio_GTT
13-02-2006, 00:13
coilovers are nothing special IMHO when you look at the low end of the market, they only really start to get exciting when you get to the likes of leda's with remote canisters etc. Otherwise i'd be contempt with std setup with some lowering springs.

They are easy to fit, and easy to change the height, just use the C spanner provided

McPikie
13-02-2006, 08:56
Mish, you're only a 30 minute drive from us, so there is always help available, or Sy, I leave all my mates for my new bird, Ka Turbo is quite close

matty
13-02-2006, 13:54
Had FK Highsports fitted to mine nearly 3 years ago now and they are very good. The speed you can cange direction in and corner is so much better than before. Although original suspension would have been 7 years old when i changed it so replacing for any new suspension may have been an improvement.

FK's are so much cheaper now and once set up you will never need to adjsut again unless you wish to change the ride height.

You can go for the Konigsport with adjustable damping but depends if you want to change these settings and how often.

I reckon fitting coilovers has been best mod on my valver followed by chip.

Mish_16V
13-02-2006, 19:14
Cheers All! :)

And pikie, ta very much- i'm confident in fitting them thats not a prob, just want it to be set up perfect! Don't think i'll regret the purchase though! :D

smokey
15-02-2006, 12:51
You certainly wont regret it Mish, I had coilovers on the 172, then the 182 and now on my 2nd set on the Hybrid.

There relatively easy to fit and setting up is a matter of time and changing the set-up until you have got it spot on.

If you want a hand fitting then and setting them up drop me a PM as I have access to ramps any weekend which makes life sooooo much easier.

Lunner
15-02-2006, 13:00
Would ahve thought it woudl ahve been easier doing suspension ont eh ground as everything is close and to hand them

Suspension is a piss easy job, can do a whole car in about 60 mins now :)

smokey
15-02-2006, 13:47
Not at all lol, I have dont it both ways and on the ramps is by far easier.

Drive car on, slide front jack and rear jack in place and jack all 4 wheels up at the same time.

Saves me loads of time, It takes me a little over 30 mins to fit my coilovers.
The only minor tricky bit is the bolt on the bootom of the rear shock on the drivers side as the petrol tank can get in the way.

Each to there own thou mate, you may find it easier on the deck but I certainly dont lol