PDA

View Full Version : A stupid girl-like question about suspension

Mish_16V
12-02-2006, 20:59
Right...stupid question here-

As far as i'm aware valvers/williams are a bit lower than a standard clio when they came from the factory yes? When I lowered my car I went just for springs upfront as it was a rushed job and and then i went for 35mm springs and it sits really nice at the front.

So am i best going for about a 55m drop with the a new suspension kit to make it sit the same as it does now or are suspension kits based on the standard rate and a -35mm kit will look the same as it does now sat on the standard shocks...

bit confused and dont want to fork out loads of money for a kit that makes the sump scrape on the ground :lol:

*PS dont tell me to get coilovers, would love them but can't warrant them for now!

Lunner
12-02-2006, 21:11
Shocks don't effect the ride height.

The drop quoted is from standrad, so a 55mm drop on a valver will make it sit lower then 55mm drop on say a 1.2, the springs for a valver will also be higher poundage

Mish_16V
12-02-2006, 21:17
Cheers Lunner :D

So for a new kit to make it the same as it is now with just the -35mm springs on I should just get a -35mm kit to make it sit near enough the same?

I'm stupid i'm a girl... (i love that exscuse and sometimes it works!)

Lunner
12-02-2006, 21:22
LOL....alot clued up on cars than alot of girls i know, i remember trying to explain to one ex what a hub was....ended up with the "the thing that makes the wheel spin"