PDA

View Full Version : water pump help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FATBOY
20-03-2005, 18:19
right ive gone to get the beast out today and noticed there was loads of water under the drivers side, so took a picture of it(no remarks about the state underneath please,it looks worse than it is) is it the pump gone??? i did know that when i went to bb's last year he said i had a leak on the pump but not serious just to keep the water topped up etc, but it looks now as tho its got worse???? is there a fluid i can put in to temporarily seal it as im going to london over easter and was wondering would it be ok to use???(if i put some gunk in???) and how much are pump changes??? and the pump??? i think bb's quoted me around about £200???

any help please lads!

http://cgi.nickywitts.plus.com/uploads/91.jpg

dannyt
20-03-2005, 18:23
Well it could be the pump fella, when i got mine done, it was £140 from reno for the pump and then a further £120 for fitting with my mechanic however he only charges £20 an hour labour, and only charged me for 6 hours as thats how long it was supposed to take, however he said you had to take nearly everthing off to get to it properly!! So it was quite a big job!

As for the gunk you could put it mate, i prob wouldn't bother and just try and get it sorted asap!

Danny

FATBOY
20-03-2005, 18:25
i would get it sorted asap but its all about £££££££££££ oh well ive still got the works van!!!

FATBOY
21-03-2005, 23:27
booked her in for next tuesday! £154.90 supply and labour! so not to bad i guess!

MatBrown
22-03-2005, 02:11
It's a right bitch to do as the PAS and Alternator brackets are in the way.

Mat.