PDA

View Full Version : Won't Idle Properly if i take it past 5000revs

jimflin
11-02-2006, 20:21
Hi there everyone...

I recently installed a new heater matrix on my clio 16v.. everything went back together fine, howver since then if i go over 5000revs the idle wont go back to 1000 but insists upon sitting at 1500...

I also put a new spedo cable on there but i didnt connect anything to the connecter near the end the plugs into the back of the instument panel.. I didnt see anything around I dug arond the back for a while but then came to the conclusion that there was not one on there previously... I can't remember unplugging anything first place i was rushing at the time...

Can anyone tell me if this is infact the case. Do i just have to have a better look or is it infact something more serious and that connector is not used on the 16v models?

Cheers for your help.

Justin..
11-02-2006, 20:25
i think thats an earth . i may be wrong tho

Daz
11-02-2006, 20:57
Speed sensor on the speedo cable behind the clocks.

It either needs re-earthing, putting back into it's holder, plugging in.. etc..

Happened on both of my Williams - and each time it was the plug being loose or the sensor not in place properly.

Anders
14-02-2006, 14:17
Yep speed sensor.

I had same trouble with mine..but thats because my sender was knackered in the gearbox end. After going above a certain rpm or road speed it would always idle high.

switching off your engine, and re-starting solves it, that is until you rag it again..