PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problem

BRUN
10-02-2006, 20:52
over the past few weeks my car has been a bit hard to start, its never been perfect but lately its been worse

how do i check for a spark at the plugs without killing myself and should i check each plug on it own ?

also when i turn it over.......i give up after a few seconds turning over, then at the second attempt sometimes it starts straight away

im pretty sure the starter motor on it is fairly new, however maybe its not coming out properly to turn the car over, or maybe the teeth are worn on it so its not turning the flywheel properly

Nick Hill
10-02-2006, 21:21
Brun you seem to be having to many problems with your motor. When are you going to bring it down and I will put it on the Clip for you once and for all and you can get in some happy motoring?

BRUN
11-02-2006, 01:37
well when you had a look last time mate it didnt show any faults, plus when i got it to you it was starting fine lol

i will have to come down though i think.......

how much is a diagnostic ?

david932
11-02-2006, 04:45
u got 2 remember he's in it for the money. sorry nick but i've had quotes from u on parts prices and they were a reasonable amount more than the competertors, labour was also quite pricey. you can all get parts at the same trade price so why charge so much more? i understand that u have to make ur money but overpricing on parts :(
some1 hav a word please. it 's not fair...

BRUN
11-02-2006, 19:04
eh ?

you must be new mate

if you knew properly about Nick @ Hill Power you will find him one of the most friendly people ever who willingly offers advice or ideas if you ask him, plus he really knows what he is talking about, he has been working on these cars since before some of us were born

Rich
11-02-2006, 21:34
everyone is entitled to an opinion brun, he has been blunt but nice tbh, let nick reply to his question, although i have to agree you hear good reports about hillpower

BRUN
12-02-2006, 00:54
ive known Nick for years from when i had my RT, not many mechanics like him about and i wont stand back and have him rubbished

ive known him for about 5/6 years and hes one of the best i know, plus, this is my thread about my starting problem lol........if you have issue with anything about hill power pm him or give him a ring... :)

for one, most people cant get things at 'trade' price so.....?.......and for another, he is a business, of course he has to make a profit, if he is more expensive than someone else tell him and im sure he might be able to 'price match' or something, he has deals on stuff all the time