PDA

View Full Version : Sorry..........

Dan_Williams
09-02-2006, 11:34
If this has been asked a million times, but as u can see im new on here.
Who has the fatest Williams on here and wats it running at?

Martin
09-02-2006, 11:45
Hmm fastest at the moment will be either Monkeys or 2lives I think.....
2live has the fastest 1/4 mile time I know of back when he was running cams... 14.0@98mph

FlamingMonkey
09-02-2006, 11:57
Hmm fastest at the moment will be either Monkeys or 2lives I think.....
2live has the fastest 1/4 mile time I know of back when he was running cams... 14.0@98mph

2lives is still fookin quick, even with the wrong head on :D would be very close I imagine, unless he gets it back up to spec :P

2 live
09-02-2006, 12:02
hehe....goin to the next stage soon hopefully lol. :evil: :twisted:

altho i must admit, im very impressed and surprised at how well it performs at the min. even with the wrong head on and an ill mapped chip for eng spec. i think robs would take me tho tbh

FlamingMonkey
09-02-2006, 12:04
You still going the same route Jon?

Martin
09-02-2006, 12:05
Apparantly Jesus has a quick williams but I've never seen it move since 2004 so i could'nt possibly comment.... :P

FlamingMonkey
09-02-2006, 12:07
Apparantly Jesus has a quick williams but I've never seen it move since 2004 so i could'nt possibly comment.... :P

I saw it the other week, was on axl stands though :P

2 live
09-02-2006, 12:09
lol..its sat jus behind the 1 in front at the mo mate.... where it always will be lol...in its shadow

yes rob mate.....still going the same route...1 or 2 little loose ends to tie up, then it shud hopefully be back on the road within a couple months. hoping for low 13s, poss hi 12s hehe.

FlamingMonkey
09-02-2006, 12:10
Nice let me know if you need a hand I can supervise...lol

EDIT : Cause these ****ing quotes are shite

J o n
09-02-2006, 12:10
lol, it spends half it's time there... but not for the same reason as Gaz'... as his works! pmsl

twats the lot of ye! hehe

you drove my car a bit ago didn't you Rob? what did you honestly think then? think that was the Megane block too, Willy one will have been long dead iirc?

FlamingMonkey
09-02-2006, 12:15
Yep drove your car dude, felt different to mine, not sure what it was, yours felt a bit more hardcore, dunno why really, mines just comfy, might be because you exhaust is loud as **** compared to mine.

But it was hard to comapre the 2 we both did have cams without maps, but didn't go out at same time, yours seemed quick to me, pulled a bit more seemingly higher up the revs like 6k-ish, then limiter.

Hard to tell without being side by side, but it was quick 8)

Yeah think it had the megane block in it, can't remeber to be honest

Dan_Williams
09-02-2006, 12:24
cool how long you guys had you williams, and you going fcs. i reckon i must be one of the youngest on here only just ninteen, so plenty of time to chuck some money at it, how much you reckon you have thrown at yours?

2 live
09-02-2006, 12:25
lol.....next question

VIPERONE
09-02-2006, 12:29
http://www.mortgage.gb.net/remortgage_uk.jpg

FlamingMonkey
09-02-2006, 12:29
Personally I have spent about 1k on the cams and remap.

Plus I had clutch and gearbox sorted for £600

Middle box on magnex replaced £50

Decat £30

err think that it really

Usual service items, Oil, Tyres etc.

If I hadn't got the cams, I think I would of spent next to nothing really, compared to my old 16v.

I won't be at FCS, got a prior engagement :P

Dan_Williams
09-02-2006, 12:31
http://www.mortgage.gb.net/remortgage_uk.jpg
hahaha

2 live
09-02-2006, 12:34
well...in all fairness the car stands me at about 9k over 4 years...that includes the purchase price.

car
susp
zorst
meg block cams etc, this was the biggest outlay by far.

Dan_Williams
09-02-2006, 12:38
just had a quick look on the net looks as if cams go from anything from 400 to 800. il prob do this seperate from when i do the chip next month

2 live
09-02-2006, 12:41
better off waiting til after tbh mate.

simple breathing mods, filter zorst de-cat etc will free up a little more power, and if your planning on cams etc in the future, wait til then n get the remap etc, that way u get a kinda double whammy of a power hike too.

Plattsy
09-02-2006, 13:21
i got my hybrid a couple of days after turning 19! tell you insurance is a killer lol.
well since buying it ive had alot spent on it i think not just performance stuff:
rust repairing, colour coding spoiler and strips, also wired in ps2 and speakers: £350
speakers - £200
new rad - £10 ;)
decat - £42 i think...
superspring - £360
pipercross viper (now binned) - £180
Gunner chip - £50
rocker cover - £30
bought a valver to use for spares - £250
got janspeed exhaust off it....
obviously plus general servicing and things like that....

J o n
09-02-2006, 13:26
cool how long you guys had you williams, and you going fcs. i reckon i must be one of the youngest on here only just ninteen, so plenty of time to chuck some money at it, how much you reckon you have thrown at yours?

haha... erm... do you really want to know!? :lol:

2 year, car stands me at OVER £14k :lol: (yes, I know... you don't need to say it!)

it's a love/hate thing... and there's deffo a 50/50 split on that, as it's only on the road half the time :roll: :lol:

all a buzz though

this is a brief, brief, brief list of bits replaced... the big parts i can physically remember...

exhaust - standard x2... (baffles eh? lol)
magnex backbox
BBT decat (****ing shite, avoid like a crack whore)
exhaust powerflow
powerflow decat
killed the cat... never replaced like for like
Megane bottom end
clutch x2
flywheel
gearbox (need another one now too...)
driveshafts
suspension font (whole lot, springs, struts, top mounts and shocks... will go coily's next time, cheaper!)
callipers all round (rear done x2)
brake disks - 4 sets of fronts and 3 on the rears, pads the same, minus 1 on front, as one time they outlasted the disks...
alternator x3
starter motor x 4 (dont ask, it's had retarded garages put a 1.2RL one in and a valver... they lasted a matter of days)
battery x2
top gearbox mount went other week too, sorted now though...
head gasket has been done out of fear too, even though not required.
oh, the best one now. 6 cam belt changes and services in 2 years! AV IT!

loads more, but need the list here really... those are the big bits I can remember...

big hp
09-02-2006, 19:38
I'm going to strip mine out and go 1/4 miling next weekend, want to see how my power relates to the 1/4 mile.

My mates done a 14.6 in his gti-6 and i was marginally quicker before remap, fair bit quicker now, especially with extra revs.

Andy
10-02-2006, 08:28
i managed 14.8 and thats the rcord for a standard williams