PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank problem

Djw dave
09-02-2006, 10:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, im in the process of converting my clio rt to a 1.7t volvo engine.

Ive purchased a valver fuel pump and it turns out that it wont actually fit the 1.4spi fuel tank

it also seems that proper valver tank has some kinda auxiliary tank with lift pump?

i basically need to know whats required to get the valver pump installed, do i need this auxiliary tank as well or will it work without? will the valver tank even fit my Rt?

the turbo motors going to be running over 200bhp plus nitrous so i really need the flow rate which i cant seem to achieve with anything other than the valver pump looking at the specs

any advice is appreciated

cheers

EvilJohn
09-02-2006, 13:57
bump :wink:

Rich
09-02-2006, 17:30
just buy an uprated fuel pump instead, job done

Djw dave
10-02-2006, 09:59
just buy an uprated fuel pump instead, job done

And whats that going to cost?? The idea was to use the 16v one as the flow was about perfect, if a 16v tank fits then ill just do that

Cheers 8)

Lunner
10-02-2006, 21:34
Do you need the uprated one?

I'll find out what my mate did, he dropped teh same engine inot his RT, but then he was running carbs, so didn't have the fuel pressure need that you do, presume you are running a standard inlet manifold?

Djw dave
16-02-2006, 22:08
Yes standard inlet, modified head, cam, re-mapped ecu and the possibilty of NOS, i think i will need the flow tbh, but check with your mate if poss. cheers dude :)

Djw dave
20-02-2006, 11:35
bump..

all i need to know guys is will a valver tank fit an RT shell??

the valver tank seems to have main and auxiliary tanks, can i fit this entire setup to the rt?

if so then all i need to find is a complete valver tank

Lunner
20-02-2006, 15:34
Yes clio shells are the same apart from the wider rear wings on teh valver/williams