PDA

View Full Version : Itchy for more, already!!

Coops
08-02-2006, 22:54
Right i need peoples help here, i know i've only just redone my engine but this will be a summer project so few months before i act on anything! am between jobs too soon so funds will be tight!

i want a whole new engine and drivetrain ideally,

am definatly gonna go the widetrack way to raise the car a bit on willy shocks and aftermarket 35mm springs (avo?) so thats part one of drivetrain. then am havin a new/refurbed box but not sure what yet, recommended?willy/valver or whats wud b best for acceleration basically, none to fussed bout top speed so long as it aint 60mph!! :lol:

for the engine i got a few ways to go. either straight hybrid transplant so i need to source a williams F7R and ecu etc or i cud get a meggi f7r b/end n put a 1.8 head on it and keep standard management (i'll be chip wizzarding at some point, this time next year probs!! :twisted: ) or i cud try a whole f7r meggi engine but sounds bit tricky with machining n that and is the head that much better? bearing in mind am going all out for this so its gonna b full strip down time to core components n change pretty much everything!! :twisted:

what wud people recommend as their own personal IDEAL setup from that list, am open to any other idea n all cuz am like a kid in a toyshop ATM, so many toys to play with i dunno what i really fancy!!:roll:

basically i loved doin my head gasket and am thirsty for another project so spending the next year sortin a pukka engine for my baby is just what the doctor ordered!!

so slowly am gonna collect widetrack and gearbox and whatever engine or parts of engine i want!!

discuss!!!hehe!

Coops

Illusion
08-02-2006, 23:13
Alot of people on here seem to be going down the hybrid and wide track route...maybe I should of done this years back...

Well as I can't afford to put more money into the Willy to find out what exactly is wrong, i'm going to sell it in a few months if the price is right. If not I will end breaking it.

So everything from interior to Engine, box and ECU will be up for grabs.

Good luck with wotever you decide to do.

Martin
08-02-2006, 23:28
I would pick up a low mileage meggy btm end and get the btm end balanced....use the 1.8 head but have it worked over a little while its in bits...whack some cams in and go to wayne.... sorted!

As for suspension....willy wide track conversion with stnd willy shocks & maybe a 30mm lowering springs......

If you fancy doing track days avo or leda coilovers might be better...

Coops
09-02-2006, 18:47
sweet, thats exactly the kind of response i was lookin for martin mate!! am doin it! will buy up a valver engine tho n all so can do it with my car still runnin!! 8)

VIPERONE
09-02-2006, 19:20
i know where there is a spare valver engine which was rebuilt prior to failiure. lol.

megane bottom ends are aplenty

Coops
09-02-2006, 19:36
cheers for the vote of confidence gibb u bar steward! :P