PDA

View Full Version : Archive Footage - Willy & Punto GT

Illusion
08-02-2006, 22:28
Dug-up some footage from about a year ago of the Willy and my mates Punto GT - some of you may have already seen it...

Parked Up & On The Road...
http://www.dj-illusion.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=139

Inside The Willy...
http://www.dj-illusion.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=135

Scott-16v!
08-02-2006, 22:35
get a feckin tripod :P :wink:
love the raspy exhaust on the willy :twisted: , punto sounds sweet aswell :)

stew
08-02-2006, 22:48
First clip is sweet! Every heard of using a quiet back road for filming tho? :roll:

Second clip is stupidity! I assume you found a random C road / farm road and tht it would be funny to rass about on it! Bloody stupid! Ruin a nice car and easily hit farm traffic!

Not assumed TBH! :(

Scott-16v!
08-02-2006, 23:16
didn't watch the 2nd one before, fook doin that at the risk of wreckin my car, rule number 1. check deepness of puddles before entering them :wink:

2 live
09-02-2006, 09:31
lol.....yep .......rule no.1 find a decent road

the bit where u stop cos u think the steam from the puddle u jus drove thru is summat wrong with ur engine lol.........

Gav
09-02-2006, 10:37
First clip is sweet! Every heard of using a quiet back road for filming tho? :roll:

Second clip is stupidity! I assume you found a random C road / farm road and tht it would be funny to rass about on it! Bloody stupid! Ruin a nice car and easily hit farm traffic!

its his car mate, let him do what he wants with it :shock:

stew
09-02-2006, 11:59

its his car mate, let him do what he wants with it :shock:

...and endanger other road users?

I'm not saying not to do this type of thing, but it dosent seem well thought out at all. Could have at least chosen a quiet stretch of road. And those rally-esque roads in the second clip dont even seem public. Most likely private farm roads. IMO thats a NO-NO! :wink:

Gav
09-02-2006, 14:57
but between a tractor and a williams who would come out better off? Tractor......so if he hits it, it's his own fault, tractor driver wont be hurt

stew
09-02-2006, 19:27
...but someone out walking on a private road, and bang! just saying its a bit silly! but people dont always use their brains! :wink:

Gav
09-02-2006, 19:37
lol...see ur point.... 8)

big hp
09-02-2006, 20:57
I understand why your williams is in the state is in if its had a life like that :shock:

steveos_16valver
09-02-2006, 21:37
What a waste of a nice car

and thats all im saying on this matter!

Coops
09-02-2006, 21:40
ffs what am i missin out on, seems contraversial!! everytime i try n load it it plays for a few secs then freezes n stops loadin! :evil:

Scott-16v!
09-02-2006, 22:17
first vid is tearin about on public roads with other cars about n stuff. 2nd one he's raggin the williams down country lanes that look as if they lead to a farm, and suddenly the car is bouncing through deep puddles then he stops in a massive puddle cos steam is coming up :roll:

Gav
10-02-2006, 01:16
first vid is tearin about on public roads with other cars about n stuff

can u honestly say u have never done that then scott :wink:

Illusion
10-02-2006, 11:02
Didn't even know this was gonna kick-up such fuss...

This video was taken about a year a half back, so alot has happened to Willy since then...the problems I currently have with the Willy is caused from hit & runs - not taking it down bumpy roads. I never get to thrash the car and the one time we did we thought we'd film it.

I know for a fact over the 3 years since i've been a member on CS & WC i've seen video footage from other Clio drivers doing far more dangerous things than what I have posted.

Cars are ment to be driven especially ones like this, and if i'm honest enough I don't drive it hard enough or at least as much as I would want to. Maybe the road we picked wasn't the best stretch of road, but we thought it was quiet and open enough for us to see what was ahead.

You could say "well take it on a track if you want drive like that" and yes a track would be the ideal solution. Everyone has their own point of view and I respect that, but I don't believe for one second not one of you has gone down a stretch of road in their life-time and thrashed the tits off your motor whilst knowing it probably wasn't the safest thing to. The only difference this time is, we filmed it.

Williams-Jr thanks for your comments fella, you seem to be only one who isn't slating me for what was done.

Gav
10-02-2006, 11:35
not a problem mate, just some people being a little hipocritical IMO ive read on here in the drivers sections where ppl have razzed their cars down more public roads than that at quicker speeds, not like u was going 100mph.

As long as were all careful n safe there is no harm done.
Enjoy ur car mate, and cool videos 8)

Anders
10-02-2006, 14:43
Oh come on lads...not as if you lot are all saints anyways!! :twisted:

Let the lad have some fun....even if he does back off like a girl down that farm track!!

That's how I used to test the set up on the scoob, razz down a country lane and see how she feels. Go back make some changes and do it again!

You carry on mate...your car, your license, your life....do with them what you will...bearing in mind I am sat here in Finland so there's no chance you are gonna run into me anytime soon!

Scott-16v!
10-02-2006, 15:05
first vid is tearin about on public roads with other cars about n stuff

can u honestly say u have never done that then scott :wink:
Did i say that i hadn't though, or that i was against that bit :wink:

stew
10-02-2006, 17:52
I wasnt meaning to slate the guy, just point out that it aint sensible. Where i live i have plently deserted roads to drive on, and only razz it when i know its safe enough to do so! With a 2.0L clio the chances when you do crash is that it is gonna be fast, and will hurt!

You carry on mate...your car, your license, your life....do with them what you will...bearing in mind I am sat here in Finland so there's no chance you are gonna run into me anytime soon!

Ture enough anders, but if its a different story when you kill someone or do major damage to public property! :wink:

I dont want this to start turning CS-ish so lets leave it there!

Jamie.
10-02-2006, 20:13
this reads like a cs thread.

no-one bitch about the first vid ffs! anyone thats eva seen a peaks run vid or one of martins vids never moaned and thats exactly the same.

however, as for 2nd vid, not into that purley due to poor road surface and ur putting ur car/suspension through ALOT. id be doing 10mph over those bumps!

Zollo
11-02-2006, 23:11
Talk about storm in a tea cup :shock: