PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 Gearbox Advice

DaveMeddings
08-02-2006, 14:05
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site and hoping that someone hear can give a bit of advice on my williams 2 gearbox?

Basically heres what happend. I was reversing down the road when the wheels locked up and the car skiddid to a halt. After that the wheels wouldnt turn in reverse and it keeps slipping out of forward gears. Bugger.

Anyone got any ideas what this could be? i never stripped a gearbox before but i've been told it could be the selector? Also, is there any chance that the wheels could lock up in forward gears if i do drive it still?

Thanks.

VIPERONE
08-02-2006, 15:04
take it the engine is fine.

No point messing with it / refurbing.. the best bet is a brand ne gearbox from renault.. some members can sort them for £600

Mattie
08-02-2006, 16:34
i wudnt bother messin with it m8 its more complex than u think!

mine did the same after whining for about a week, then eventually it started lockin up in all the gears, my advice m8 is dont drive it again unless its 2 take it 2 a garage 2 get a new box fitted!

DaveMeddings
08-02-2006, 20:57
Arrr crap :(

I was thinkin maybe i could take it apart with some help from a friend whos quite mechanically minded. especially as i just spent a £1000 gettin it through the mot!

oh well guess not.

Although this is a fantastic car, its now gettin very expensive run!

Coops
08-02-2006, 21:55
welcome to the renault performance car club!!! :wink:

we all spend way too much money on these things! :P

Anders
08-02-2006, 21:58
if I had a quid for everytime I have heard that...I would be able to afford to run my Willy 2.. :lol:

Same old story mate...fact of life..nothing lasts forever and eventually something is gonna go pop. The things is..they all seem to go at once, but they bright side is that once they are all replaced it should be fine for a few years longer!!

A good box rebuild is just as good as a new Renault one, and a litle bit cheaper too.