PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 20v Turbo...

dannyt
05-02-2006, 12:21
Has anyone got one/had one or wants one and can tell me a little more about them?

Kelly have you still got yours, if so whats it like and was it a worthwhile step from the williams?

Cheers

Danny

u33db
05-02-2006, 13:08
Try 'RENNIE' os CS - hes had a 20v at the same time as williams and now has a v6

Dancliovalver
05-02-2006, 13:39
there pretty quick mate and i love the look, very very tunable

i have a vid somewhere on my PC of a standard coupe VS standard 225 V6 clio and the coupe obliterates it and it didnt even look like it was tryin!!

simon edwards
05-02-2006, 18:34
I had one they cost sh*t loads to run make sure you get one with the cambelt done or you will be especially if fiat do it. apart from that good fast car owe group 20 though on the insurance.

Zollo
05-02-2006, 20:06
One bad point though.... torque steeeeer! Not as nimble or as good a handler as a Willy either. But good cars, and very fast for the money 8)

malbon
05-02-2006, 20:29
i chose a willy over one. they are considerably quicker in a line than a willy and a lot of other things for that matter. like most turbos they can be easily chipped/boosted to big hp for little money. most cam belts have been done due to the age/mileage of the cars - think they are 70k or 5 years. chose a willy as i drive like a hooligan and the running costs of hooligan driving in a coupe are astronomical - though initial purchase prices are great at 5/6 k for a 20v plus on a v plate.

Daz.
05-02-2006, 22:51
Just whack the engine in the valver danny :D

BenR
05-02-2006, 23:32
When i drove one, i swore i'd never bother again.

Sure, pretty good in a stright line and sound good.......but omg was it a POS.

Lag, crap brakes, horrid handling, looks like a bug.

hate the things

Coops
05-02-2006, 23:40
finally some1 speakin sense! i second that ben mate, hate em!

ash clio gtt
05-02-2006, 23:47
had one try race me on a duel caridgeway a couple of weeks ago, kept up with me but wasnt going to pull past me, that was with my car overfueling quite bad and missing restrictors in the oil breather circuit causing hesitation between gears on full throttle. apparently though they are quite easy to tune as with most turbo cars :)

Plattsy
06-02-2006, 02:20
my mates got a 20v turbo engine in his punto with a bit of a tweek to it ;) lets just say its very fast lol
i get plenty of torque steer in my hybrid! its crap pulls you all over!

2 live
06-02-2006, 09:17
i beat one down the strip at pod last week hehe.

kellys is for sale i believe, when the turbos bin replaced.

at the end of the day.....its a FIAT.......Fix It Again Tomoro....Fukkin Italians Are Trash etc etc.

lol...........dont do it mate..more hassle than they worth

u33db
06-02-2006, 10:44
LMAO - and renaults are all about build quality??

2 live
06-02-2006, 11:28
well tbh mate...iv not had 1 build quality problem in my last 2 clios....the valver suffered from the obligatory bent roof, but thats as much my fault as renos lol.

94 willy 1....still no interior rattles or squeeks, even on coilovers lol......very reliable over the last 4 years.......thrashed to within an inch of its life on most journeys.......starts first time.......usually lol.....altho it has a bit of a intermittent earth fault at mo which i cant b arsed to sort as it doesnt happen regularly enuff to warrant it lol..... only let me down once, and that was inferior cams breaking.....yes inferior even to renos :shock: .....lol

so cant really fault renos build quality in my experience of ownership

J o n
06-02-2006, 11:37
but then you work on a car like mine and realise all these things they say about Reno are true! pmsl

2 live
06-02-2006, 11:39
well there is that lol

b rite by weekend mate lol.

Rossco
07-02-2006, 14:16
Seriously i've not posted on here for ages.......

I'm 95% sure that i will be selling my Willy 2 (owned it 2 years) for the big coupe, hopefully the LE one with all the extras. Will miss the Willy tho, been through a lot! never had any trouble with it either - well reliable!

Its up to you champ but i'm jumping ship! will never forget the Willy tho! always regret not getting a Willy 1 anyway!

Dno194
07-02-2006, 15:11
Craid (aka Cat171) on CS has got a coupe. Have a chat to him.

Tommo
07-02-2006, 16:06
Personally I like them, I would go for the LE one though like you say Rossco, don't see many of them about. Been out in my work mates and it is rapid, although the handling is leagues below my williams, as are the brakes. These could always be uprated tho

Danny if you want info visit here mate - http://www.fccuk.org/

I used to go on there ages ago when I was thinking of buying one

dannyt
07-02-2006, 19:53
Cheers everyone, some good comments, i think i'll stick with the clio for now, although the missus is after something 'comfy' so thus why I was thinking, fast and comfortable!

Are the brakes really crap, I thought they were 4 pot brembo's as standard?

I try and think of a car to equal or better the clio all the time, for looks, handling, cost etc but i always seem to come up short or the next step seems to cost a fair whack more!

Any other ideas?

Danny

VIPERONE
07-02-2006, 20:19
I very very nearly bought a vxr Astra.....bit dear for my liking tho.

Craig
07-02-2006, 20:27
i was looking into getting one a while back!

expensive to fix, and not that reliable really! not great handling too so i read.

they are nice motors, and very quick for a FWD car tho!