PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used 'Flat Free' ?

BRUN
05-02-2006, 02:07
http://www.idealworld.tv/csp/isd/ideal/index.csp

saw it on one of the shopping channels before, it looked really good

they were stabbing a tyre with an ice pick and running cars over nails, basically almost instantly the puncture was sealed

they had one tyre that had 44 punctures fixed

anyone ever used it before ?

Coops
05-02-2006, 02:08
the worst part is with punctures is u cant always find the bugger on the side of the road!!

BRUN
05-02-2006, 02:11
you should see how quick this stuff seals the tyre......basically one revolution or less and its sealed instantly

Coops
05-02-2006, 02:13
swede,need that n all, dont carry a spare! :roll:

:twisted:

neilc
05-02-2006, 11:44
But how messy is the rim going to be when the tyre does need changing ???

u33db
05-02-2006, 13:04
Not much point IMO.

The tyre is still going to need repaired properly if you have a puncture so why bother? If its a get-me-home thing you've got a spare or there is tyre foam...both of which are proven to work well and are cheaper.

Lunner
05-02-2006, 14:18
mt AA card works pretty well, they send a low loader

BRUN
05-02-2006, 23:29
Not much point IMO.

The tyre is still going to need repaired properly if you have a puncture so why bother? If its a get-me-home thing you've got a spare or there is tyre foam...both of which are proven to work well and are cheaper.

its not a get me home thing, its a permanent repair which lasts the life of the tyre

BRUN
05-02-2006, 23:29
But how messy is the rim going to be when the tyre does need changing ???

apparently it washes off the rim with water

neilc
05-02-2006, 23:45
Well I supose someone has tp try it a Brun ;) ;)

u33db
06-02-2006, 19:32
Not much point IMO.

its not a get me home thing, its a permanent repair which lasts the life of the tyre

Well i wouldn't put my faith in something like that...

Lunner
06-02-2006, 20:42
Not much point IMO.

I'd rather shell out £60 or so for a new tyre than have the ****er burst mid way round a corner doing 80 odd