PDA

View Full Version : Whose the dogs bollocks with diagnostics ?

BRUN
05-02-2006, 01:17
basically sometimes my car is fast as ****.......it always seems to be when ive had the battery off

now after a while it goes slower, and i want to know why that is

Chris said i must have a fault somewhere and its adjusting to compensate, now im still yet to change my inlet manifold over cos the pipe snapped off for the MAP sensor, however it is araldited back on and the car hasnt been any slower since that happened

I first noticed it when i fitted my ITG panel filter, i thought at first the filter was amazing, but the car has got slower, recently i was messing with the battery off and when i put it back on a bit later the car flew again

almost all ignition components and sensors on my car are new within the last 6 months

im sure somewhere i must have a broken sensor or bad wiring to something, but i dont know who to take it to

i was thinking Nick @ Hill Power as he has got the diagnostic laptop, last time he checked it for me, briefly, no faults were showing up apart from ECU which apparently is normal with it being chipped

i really want to get to the bottom of this as the car is a totally different drive when the battery has been off, its slow under 4k revs once its gone back to slow mode

i know of Camco 88 in Warrington, and from what i hear they are very good

any other suggestions ?

Coops
05-02-2006, 01:29
is this from timed tests of rjust the 'feel' of it? and camco, where bouts in warrington are they cuz i wudnt mind a diagnostic at some point to check all is well!!

BRUN
05-02-2006, 01:34
its just the feel mate, but its quite a major difference in response and power.........

Purple
05-02-2006, 01:45
Try fitting a couple of earth cables close to the plugs, alternator and distributor. Just make them out of old jumper cables.

VIPERONE
05-02-2006, 01:50
i run 6 extra earths

BRUN
05-02-2006, 02:00
ive currently got 2 extra earths and ill be adding another 2 soon i think, maybe 3

Coops
05-02-2006, 02:07
the extra earths thing lads, where do you stick em all?! :P no really i wanna know cuz am idlin at 1000 and i want a nice 950!!

BRUN
05-02-2006, 02:18
ive currently got one on my inlet manifold, and one on a bolts on the bodywork near where the ECU is

Purple
05-02-2006, 02:21
the extra earths thing lads, where do you stick em all?! :P no really i wanna know cuz am idlin at 1000 and i want a nice 950!!

Connect one end to battery negative and the other end close to the chassis earth of whatever you are trying to earth.

It will do nothing for you if your original earthing is behaving properly. But, for cars with weird electrical problems, it can sometimes work wonders.

Purple
05-02-2006, 02:25
ive currently got one on my inlet manifold, and one on a bolts on the bodywork near where the ECU is

I think it works best for high current stuff like ignition, alternator, aircon compressor, audio subs etc. But only if the original earthing is wonky, else nothing will happen.

Coops
05-02-2006, 02:29
think am earthed okay then probs, i thought cud b used for fine tuning but only for if major issues by the sounds of it!! 8)

BRUN
05-02-2006, 23:28
so....

any recommendations ?

Camco is on Hoyle St