PDA

View Full Version : camber etc

richy
03-02-2006, 23:22
proberly more a question for the track lot, but does anyone on here run any more camber then std on there 16v/williams at all?

im happy with my shocker/springs set up and i run about -1.08 neg camber on both front wheels, and about -0.56 neg camber on the rears, just im thinking of altering the camber on mine and wandered if anyone had and has anyone used these camber bolts? (clio cup racers mk1 run about 4degree on the front)

btw i currently run new std de-carbon shockers with std height but 200lb springs, the handling is pretty much balanced just might be worth trying to achieve a higher level of grip from the front!

edde
04-02-2006, 00:03
The race cars ran 3 or 4 degress negative and they were designed to handle.
I might do this with mine by drilling out the bolt spacing.

smokey
04-02-2006, 14:10
I need to get the camber on the Hybrid sorted out as I have just fitted my coilovers.

When i take it to the garage to get it sorted, should it be -1.08 neg camber?? Dont trust the monkeys to get it right.

richy
04-02-2006, 15:24
no it should be less camber iirc, but ive had no problems with tyre wear or handling issues so not been fussed about altering it back!

edde thats what ive been thinking about doing, drilling/filing the bolt spacing out abit to alter the camber to 2 degree negative maybe more on each front, dont think theres alot that can be done to the rears due to design!

hillclimber
05-02-2006, 23:45
HI THERE I'VE JUST FINISHED BUILDING A WILLIAMS FOR HILLCLIMBING, RUNNING GAZ COILOVERS WITH 280 POUND SPRINGS AND 2 1/2 " NEGATIVE CAMBER . IDID THIS BY BUYING NEW UPRIGHT BOLTS AND MACHINING 1MM FROM THE SHANK BETWEEN THE THREAD AND BOLT HEAD. THIS IS AN ACCEPTED PRACTICE AS WE USED TO RUN IN THE CLIO CUP...

Tommo
06-02-2006, 11:21
Richy, there was a big thread on this a few weeks back loads of info there. The first owner of my williams used the car for hill climbling and had the camber adjusted...

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8105&highlight=camber

richy
06-02-2006, 19:50
cheers tommo ive had a look

and sounds intresting hill climber! cheers

wish i had a lathe now lol(cant remember if thats how u spell it)

smokey
06-02-2006, 19:56
no it should be less camber iirc, but ive had no problems with tyre wear or handling issues so not been fussed about altering it back!

edde thats what ive been thinking about doing, drilling/filing the bolt spacing out abit to alter the camber to 2 degree negative maybe more on each front, dont think theres alot that can be done to the rears due to design!

Do you happen to know what it should be mate...dont want them ****ing it up.

Cheers

Smokey

richy
06-02-2006, 20:00
not off hand i dont mate, but ill have a look on diolagys tomorro at work and print it off. :)

Clio_GTT
06-02-2006, 20:02
how do you stop it moving around in the slot you've made for it ?

richy
06-02-2006, 20:04

u tighten it up lol just need both bolts loose enough to move it about then tighten it once in place

smokey
06-02-2006, 20:15

My camber correcting bolts have little 'lugs' on them to hold it all in place then you just tighten it all up as Richy said.
Have a look here mate http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=799

Cheers Richy, gonna get it all set up nicely wednesday :)

Clio_GTT
06-02-2006, 20:20

u tighten it up lol just need both bolts loose enough to move it about then tighten it once in place
And they just stay there :shock: surely theres enough stress on them to make them move ?

richy
06-02-2006, 20:25

And they just stay there :shock: surely theres enough stress on them to make them move ?

not if tighten up correctly, i remember a few golfs we did ages ago which had plenty of room to adjust the camber and had just std bolts!