PDA

View Full Version : Cover Letter.... CV

BigBoreBri
30-01-2006, 23:56
Just wanted your oppinion guys, just putting a general covering letter together with my CV...

Dear Sir/Madam,
After spending the last seven years working both nationally and internationally within the automation and control industry, I am now looking for a more challenging and rewarding career.

Following vast experience dealing directly with customers and a varied electrical and mechanical engineering background, should there be a place within your company for a dedicated, analytical and hard working engineer I would be happy to arrange a more formal meeting to discuss such possibilities.

Enclosed is my CV for your attention, and you may contact me directly on the following no. +44 **** ******

Sound ok?? And if so... give me a job, lol :wink:

Coops
31-01-2006, 00:09
sounds good to me mate, i fookin hate job huntin n thats what am on now, contract runs out end of the week! :cry:

am shite at cv's n cover letters tho so i wudnt value my opinion!! :lol:

TA
31-01-2006, 01:20
i would reword the start slightly, somehow seems abit negative using the word "last"

"over the past seven years" or "with seven years experience" etc

also the word "vast" seems abit out of place, too bold a statement maybe,

wide ranging, extensive, strong, etc

but short and too the point is good!

BigBoreBri
31-01-2006, 01:31
Cheers... yeah me thinks u can see the negativity from my current job showing through, lol

Purple
31-01-2006, 01:39
After spending the last seven years working both nationally and internationally within the automation and control industry, I am now looking for a more challenging and rewarding career.

Following vast experience dealing directly with customers and a varied electrical and mechanical engineering background, should there be a place within your company for a dedicated, analytical and hard working engineer I would be happy to arrange a more formal meeting to discuss such possibilities.

Think you may need to give a little bit more on the specific industry sectors that you had worked in. Enough to make the headhunter want to read your resume further, but not too much that narrows your expertise down to only those sectors.

BigBoreBri
31-01-2006, 01:44
Yea i thought about that but my CV is pretty detailed enough...

No point repeating myself and i want to keep it broad so it appeals to more varied output 8)

VIPERONE
31-01-2006, 02:07
Just wanted your oppinion guys, just putting a general covering letter together with my CV...

Dear Sir/Madam,
After spending the last seven years working alongside Ross Braun, technical director at Ferrari F1, and formally for McClaren Mercedes and Prodrive i am now looking for a more challenging and financially rewarding career.

Following vast experience chinning moaning customers and electricuting the management with my mechanical knowhow, should there be a place within your heart for a lazy bastard and penniless engineer I would be happy to arrange a more informal meeting down the pub to sort out a job.

Enclosed is my CV for your secretary, she may contact me directly on the following no. +44 **** ******

CV: 6ft , dark , muscular , 9 inch...

Sound ok?? And if so... give me a job, lol :wink:

"next"

TriO`
31-01-2006, 02:15
PMSL gunner :lol:

northy
31-01-2006, 08:48
good luck pal

Mattie
31-01-2006, 10:29
gd luck m8.....

im bein made redundant end of this week maybe end of next if they need me abit extra.....so job huntin it is 4 me 2 :(

Zollo
31-01-2006, 12:47
Instead of "I would be happy to arrange a more formal meeting to discuss such possibilities", how about "I would be very grateful for a chance to meet you and discuss such possibilities.

The way you've worded it, it sounds a little like you're doing them a favour?!

...which I'm sure you are in the long run :wink:

Good luck mate