PDA

View Full Version : Oil Temp/Level sensor/system!

Coops
30-01-2006, 00:27
okay my oil level n temp never worked when i 1st bought me valver. pressure has always and continues to work! no heres my dilemma!

before my engine rebuild i noticed a free plug in me engine, plugged it in n low my oil temp worked, but no level (i believe am right in saying temp n level are same sender sensor in the front of the oil sump aren't i?!)

during my rebuild i figured duff sensor as if its combined signal is getting through but level part of the sender is fooked. so i replaced it for a brand new sender from renault (like 40 fookin quid!!). started the engine after the rebuild n am back where i started, no level only temp! WTF?!!what else cud i be i thought......

then tonight on way back from sheffield my blummin oil temp stops workin n all!!!

gettin mighty pissed off!!!

any ideas people, not sure if plug has come undone, gonna check tomos but cud this be caused by nething else?!

cheers

Coops

Coops
02-02-2006, 16:45
u miserable lot, not a single reply!! :D

good job am on the ball, turns out when i refitted me fan i knocked the connector and it worked loose, plugged it back in (bastard to do with engine in one piece!!) and jobs a good un, all three workin spot on!! 8)

Coops

stew
02-02-2006, 18:01
nice one coops!
glad u got it sorted! 8)

Rajk
03-02-2006, 22:00
just for info purposes, you can access the front oil sender by talking off the front valance, along the top of the lights, make sure you secure the bonnet, i do this with a bit of wire running from the main engine hook to the hook on the bonnet. I will post pics of how to do this if req. Once you take off the front valance you can move the rad forward slightly and gain access.

Coops
04-02-2006, 01:05
yeah mate that wud probs of been a good idea!! i just stuck my hand in the gap n wiggled for ages! sorted it eventually. no need for pics i know what n where u mean, had whole engine in pieces recently!!cheers neway tho!!

Coops

Crossers
06-02-2006, 20:03
There are three wires right, one the power source (obviously workin) the other two are the returns, one to the level gauge and one to the temp gauge. there may be a fault at the plug with the wires, or the wires have decayed and there is a break in it somewhere between the sender and the connection with the wires to the gauges.

The connector is in the box nxt to the battery, its the white connecer block.

The wires will be a bitch to check though!!

Hope that helps, Paul

Coops
06-02-2006, 23:31
its all good man, like i said it is just the connector comin undone, keeps doin it over n over tho, pissin me off! cant get in there to tie tag it together! gonna have to have the radiator n fan out to do it right! :evil:

VIPERONE
07-02-2006, 00:03
20 min job

Coops
07-02-2006, 00:54
it aint the mechanical bits am worried bout gunner mate, i just got heat back thanks to air lock leaving my system n now i mite need to drain it! fook it will do with out gauges till something else warrants a drain!!

temp one is well useful tho, like to know when oil is ready for a thrashin!!