PDA

View Full Version : Brake Bias valve

Hulio
29-01-2006, 12:38
I had my hybrid lowered a while back and I am getting concerned about wether or not the brake bias valve had been adjusted afterwards.
What needs to be done with this as i would like to know what I am talking about when I call up my mechanic?

Coops
29-01-2006, 12:40
the little valve has an arm connected to the rear axle beam, so when car is lower it pushes a push rod into the valve n adjusts ur brakin accordingly. this hook and push rod is adjustable in length n thats what needs to be done, it needs adjusting to be shorter to account for the drop in height of ur suspension.

Coops

Hulio
29-01-2006, 22:09
Cheers for that :D

Lunner
30-01-2006, 08:34
I found mine was seized and so didn't move like it was ment to, have since made a static bracket and locked the rear bias at a set value.

Try braking hard on a steep hill, when wet and see if teh rears lock up....you'll feel the rear end start to come round if they do, and adjust accordingly, want the rears locking up just after the fronts lock up

VIPERONE
30-01-2006, 12:07
becareful adjusting it.. my biad rod was fatigued and snapped in half.. ive used a threaded rod now.