PDA

View Full Version : Elvington Review

Swervin_Mervin
28-01-2006, 19:45
:twisted:

The meagre 1.8 put up a damn fine showing and didn't get battered too badly by anything. In particlar there was duet of 309 GTI and 205 GTI stripped out specials that couldn't get away from me and I had me seats in and a passenger, ans the spare tyre.

Either the other cars were slow or their drivers were a bit lame. I was easily making ground on them through the twisty sections.

Was a top morning's work. Unfortunately didn't get a p-ride in either the M3 or M5, but did get one in a mk1 MR2 and I was pretty impressed.

Took 3 people out myself and 2 of them seemed pretty impressed with the valver. Bit of a surprise to them I think. I reckon most people think that it won't be that good 'cos it's not a willy, but it really is a cracking hot hatch in it's own right and probably up there in the top 5-10 IMO.

richy
28-01-2006, 19:56
cool, how was the surface on the tyres, its not far from me but its usually just a coned track on airfield

Swervin_Mervin
29-01-2006, 20:46
Not too bad Richy, as the morning session was a bit damp and very cold. The twisty bits were a bit of an arse, like the hairpin at Anglesey they required just that bit to much lock to be comfortable, and one was always unsighted in the clio by the pillar.

Still, I was soooooo impressed at the old girl as she outgunned some far quicker cars (on paper). Maybe the drivers were just dog poo. Was great to be able to fling it in to some of the more open 90degreee bends though and use the weight transfer and feathering the throttle to get the occasional 4 wheel drift. 8)

The tyre noise stipulations got thoroughly abused by my good self. :twisted:

Zollo
29-01-2006, 22:32
Tyre noise stipulations? Are you not allowed to squeal them or something? :?

Sounds like you had a great time 8)

How did Matt find the M3?

Swervin_Mervin
30-01-2006, 00:37
No tyre squeal. A rule that was flouted by virtually everyone I think. :P

Mk1 V6 Clios are shit slow BTW. :twisted:

Matt soon got in to the M3. I was giving a p-ride to antoher laad near the end of the morning seesion, looked in my rear view to see him holding a perfect drift round a long right-hander. I changed gear and looked back to see him spinning. :)

Apparently he couldn't wind the lock off quick enough when the surface changed from concrete to tarmac, but reckons that'll be no trouble when he gets his buckets in with harnesses.

Zollo
30-01-2006, 00:47
No tyre squeal :shock: You've got to wonder!

Swervin_Mervin
30-01-2006, 00:52
The locals (probably 2 of them or something!) and the council are kicking up a stink. :roll:

Can't wait to do the next one now. :twisted:

richy
30-01-2006, 21:19
cool, ill be tempted to go there one day, just was worried mainly on tyre wear with the surface! :)

edde
31-01-2006, 00:35
What no tyre squeel thats the best thing.
Bit of a dull track I though there nothing to hit. Still you cna catch M3's there if only they were forced to pull over on the straights. Still when I was there an M3 spun out and knocked out a fence post (only thing there is to hit)