PDA

View Full Version : carpet in

lewis_willy2
27-01-2006, 20:24
after having it lying around for 2 months i decided to fit my valver carpet instead of the bland grey one i got in originally, looks so much better. took bloody ages and it was snowing!

going to essex tomorrow to pick up my birthday pressie from the missus which will add to the black effect.

all im gonna say is, wot a bloody bargain, not gna say wot im goin to collect until i get back, pics will follow :D

Lunner
27-01-2006, 21:39
Took long enough for me to remove my black carpet, and that was with teh aid of a stanley knife

lewis_willy2
28-01-2006, 20:54
ok jus got home. these r wot i purchased, sorry in advance to stew_punk

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/lewisredfern001/DSCF0040.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/lewisredfern001/DSCF0042.jpg

for an umbelievable price of..........................£75!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now how do they fit? the rear seat that you sit on, the little bits of metal that locate to the two holes r too far apart???

the rear rest bit seems too big??? one side clips in but the other seems about an inch out, also it does go down past the rear quarter, the bloke said where the 60-40 split is i need to cut some leather away????

apparently gotta drill holes in them to accomadate my original runners???

there out of a 19 16v, any help would be greatly appreciated as i would like them in 2mro :D

Lunner
28-01-2006, 21:04
I know someone else who has a mint 16v leather interior out of a clio for sale

lewis_willy2
28-01-2006, 21:05
so do i :oops:

FATBOY
28-01-2006, 21:56
wipe clean seats eh! :wink:

Coops
29-01-2006, 11:43
thought fronts were just plug n play? if not u gotta switch the runners off ur seats onto the 19 ones.

rear bench u cant fit, u have to take the leather off and botch it onto the frames of a clio rear bench as best u can then put it in!

Coops

lewis_willy2
29-01-2006, 13:25
theres gotta be a way???

Coops
29-01-2006, 13:52
not as far as i know matey!! i looked into this n all cuz i wanted the black 19 leathers in mine rather than shite elephant grey clio ones, but ended up with t an immaxulate willy interior instead n solved the lot!!

sum1 mite correct me tho, there may be a way but i dont know of it.

Coops

u33db
29-01-2006, 14:13
Yes theres a way...involves cutting the 19 rear bench metal slightly IIRC...there used to be a guide on CS but no too sure who did it...Adams_16v rings a bell but maybe not...

stew
29-01-2006, 17:47
the rear bench needs to be cut and bent slightly to get it to fit. this means the leather goes a bit wonky.

not sure about the subframes for the fronts. mine were already converted from r19 to clio before i got them.

lewis - £75 is a bargin! Looks like ur gonna have to do a little upholstery on the bolster arm of the passenger seat! and some butchery of the rear bench. good luck!

Think ive got mine sold now...but with mine at £150 quid the new owner is getting a fekking bargin! :roll:

lewis_willy2
29-01-2006, 18:26
150 is still a bargain m8 agreed, glad ur not too peeved,
apart from the butchereing bit!!! i'll get em in, thats my job, where theres a will theres a way, if anyone knows where this guide is then it be greatly appreciated, may have to make my own tho!!!??

Sam16v
29-01-2006, 20:18
I put identical seats into my M reg 1.4 rt a couple of years ago. They do fit. The fronts are pretty straight forward u need to use the clio runners all the holes lined up on mine but dont know if this is the case with a 16v if not use the rt runners. the backs are a bit of work the 19s seat base has to be cut down couple of inches each side. I cut the metal frame part to fit and then pulled the leather tight. once fitted in the car none of this can be seen. To use the seat backs u have to use the clios metal frame and the 19s foam pads and again pull all the slack to the edges and tuck in. looked good when done but the seat is higher up than the clios so ur pasengers will keep hitting there heads on the roof but didnt bother em as i never sat in the back

lewis_willy2
30-01-2006, 19:22
am i right in saying then the bit u sit on need to be bent up at the sides or cut?

and the bit u lean on neads to transfered onto the 16v rear bench??

Sam16v
31-01-2006, 01:00
bit u sit on was cut on mine not bent but probably also works and think i had to drill a hole to clear something and yes back bit transferred tyo 16v frames