PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap HELP FAO GUNNER, WINSTON ETC>>

JonnyK
27-01-2006, 11:04
hi guys swapping an engine over at the weekend and need to know how to do it! have a fe mechanic mates and an engine crane, but want to know.!

i am sure there is a site u can sign up for that contain step by step guides for things like this on clios?

Gav
27-01-2006, 11:35
best bet i found mate was label everything cuz u will get lost other wise

undo the bottom dogleg mount underneither the engine then hook it up to ur crane so the chain will support it. Then undo the left mountain [top] then do the mountain by the gearbox, then lift it up and ur away

best to listen to rich tho......i just said the basics, rich goes into detail :D

Rich
27-01-2006, 12:20
buy a haynes manual you tight git! but really it aint that hard!

First drain the coolant, remove the slam panel and radiator and drain the gearbox oil. then remove the driveshafts. Then undo zorst downpipe and p/s pipe, undo rear engine mount. disconnect the battery and remove, undo brown plug (and white iirc) from the relay box in the engine bay. then go unde scuttle panel on the jack side and remove it and the base plate and there you will find the ECU. no need to unplug it as the loom will come out with the car (provided you unplug the lambda sensor) then secure your engine crane onto the 2 hoist points (these are obvious) and make sure the chain/rope is tight, then undo the top engine mount and the gearbox mount. you are now ready to pull the engine out but you have to get the right angle to get the box out from under the chassis rail. This is the fun bit so enjoy!