PDA

View Full Version : Powerflow

mattyc
25-01-2006, 18:15
Alright,

does anyone have any idea how much a 3" stainless backbox + fitting from powerflow is likely to cost and if its worth doing over getting a scorpion backbox or what ever.

Has anyone had an exhaust made and fitted at Edge perfomance(powerflow dealer) in ash?

Powerflow really appeals to me as you can choose how loud you want the exhaust etc as i just want it a tiny bit louder than standard but may as well get a stainless exhaust instead of the standard item.

Lunner
25-01-2006, 18:55
i got quoted either £120 or £180, i think it was £180 for fitting and supplying a backbox, think the backbox was best part of £100....i decided to keep my scorpion one

VIPERONE
25-01-2006, 19:06
i paid £150 all inclusive for a backbox fitting..

lewis_willy2
25-01-2006, 19:08
my last two cars have had powerflow custom zorsts, well made by the looks of things, but my one now is so loud and ghey its gotta go soon!!!!

2 live
25-01-2006, 19:17
my last 2 clios have had powerflows on.both cost £250 from cat back fitted.

cant argue with the cost for the quality......had the 1 on the willy 4 years now.never had a prob, when/if baffles start goin..il jus take it back n get a free replacement........

Jonny1
25-01-2006, 20:24
I had a powerflow once! Never again.

Quality's s**t, and the Bloke (on this occasion) had absoloutly no appreciation of exhaust design, to use his words, and I quote

"Everyone thinks exhausts are carefully designed, but all the gases really do is go in one side, monkey around, and out the other"

I kid you not!

I know you can't really tune lengths or anything, but you can be considerate to general gas flow and ensure properly align joints etc.

They don't even use stainless wire in there MIG sets, so even though your boxes and tube's are st/st, your welds will rust the same!

I'd go with Scorpion, Magnex or someone any day of the week!

Jonny :roll:

stew
25-01-2006, 21:08
I wanna get a custom stainless system form someone decent in a while. Ive seen powerflow systems, they seem good, but only as good as the local dealer and exhaust fitter....and it also pisses me off about the welds!

Its kinda last thing on my list....i got a new devil competition straight thru system not long ago...which im happy with....but it rattles on the axle from time to time after a good hard drive...and all the joins piss me off.

Want something with only one join.....that being just before the backbox, and something that is 100% rattle free even on a slammed car! :roll:

Gav
25-01-2006, 21:33
i have a powerflow backbox? i think, which part is the back box? bit with the tail pipe on it?

if so i have one, 3" or 4" not to sure but i dnt want/need it anymore