PDA

View Full Version : FAO FlamingMonkey and any other metal-ers

Swervin_Mervin
25-01-2006, 15:06
You in to Anthrax? Watched a repeat of teh Metal Hammer awards last week and thought they ****ing rocked big ones.

However I know shit all about them (odd given I'm in to Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura etc) so haven't got a clue what's worth buying or what tracks they were playing.

Lunner
25-01-2006, 15:12
:?

Didn't get a word of that lol.

Prolly cus i'm thinking anthrax is a chemical weapon etc

Swervin_Mervin
26-01-2006, 11:17
Bump for Rob.

FlamingMonkey
26-01-2006, 11:26
Hello Mate, Yeah I like a bit of Anthrax, but I've only recently got into them, so I have the later stuff with the new singer, my mate Billy is really into there older stuff but I've no idea dude, I'll drop him a text and see what he recommends, one album I do have it "We've Come for you all" it's reasonably new but its good :P

Swervin_Mervin
26-01-2006, 11:40
Is the new guy that Joey Belladonna?

FlamingMonkey
26-01-2006, 11:42
Is the new guy that Joey Belladonna?

Nah Joey Belladonna was the original singer, John Bush is on We've come for you all, but I believe Belladonna is back in the anthrax fold now?

Swervin_Mervin
26-01-2006, 12:55
From what I can gather yeah. I was on windowsmedia.com looking at them and they had a review of a live album from a June '05 gig and said that he'd come back and they seemed to be back on form.

Can't believe I was never in to them. :?

Gav
26-01-2006, 13:27
metallica
drowning pool
pantera - cowboys from hell [awsome album] and download respect by pantera also...mint!
machine head
all good bands to listen to if ur into metal

and watch the headbangers ball on MTV

Swervin_Mervin
26-01-2006, 13:48
You don't need to tell this old man dude.

Pantera are the best metal act ever to have perforated ear drums. Slayer, Sepultura, Megadeth, Machine Head, Metallica are/were all there as well.

Most have gone lame or dead now though. :(

ziggymini
26-01-2006, 16:06
I pulled up in Sainsburys car park the other day with Sepultura playing Roots & some guy came over & said "wow scepultura not heard anyone play that for ages - well done"
Made me smile..
Some other good bands were Alice in Chains & Headswim.

Jaine (currently listening to Deftones)

FlamingMonkey
26-01-2006, 16:10
Alice in Chains are funking excellent, really love my unplugged DVD, shits on the Nirvana one IMHO

Swervin_Mervin
26-01-2006, 16:10
Deftones - 8)

ziggymini
26-01-2006, 16:17
If you loved Alice in Chains did you also love Laynes other band Mad Season - I thought they were amazing. We lost a very talented guy when he died & I was gutted as they always seemed to be in the shadow of Nirvana etc..

Jaine :twisted:

FlamingMonkey
26-01-2006, 16:29
Yep Mad season not heard that for a while

I agree its a massive shame that Mr Staley died, I reckon him and Cantrell would of done some awesome stuff