PDA

View Full Version : f7r Engine misfire please help....

jay s
23-01-2006, 23:17
as most probley know i got my car from the garage on saturday with the engine fitted from my crashed car , engine was running fine with no strange noises, took it for a 20mile drive on sat to check everything was ok and it seemed fine on sunday drove about 10 miles and then today drove from romford to gatwick around 40miles, was on the m25 and car suddenley felt lumpy, turned down the tunes and engine sounded like its running on 3 cylinders as i was close to gatwick just kept on driving. when i stopped i had a look but could'nt see anything out of place. done days work very pissed off.... jumped in the car to go home and it started but was still running lumpy, just sat there for 5 mins with car on tickover then started to drive off and problem had gone, about 15mins later it started doing the same thing again till i got to a friends house, it then stopped doing it outside his house. decided to change the spark plugs to see if this would help but it did'nt, was lumpy again and has been all the way home :( , i really really need to sort this as i want to go pod on sun... car has very little power. changed plugs lead dizzy and rotar arm 1000 miles ago but maybe dizzy got damaged? anybody got an idea of what it may be?? sorry i hav'nt given much to go on bit hard to explain a problem like this.

BRUN
23-01-2006, 23:24
undo the dizzi cap and put it back on, its quite easy to not get it on 100% right

may aswell clean the contacts on it whilst its off aswell

if you take the rotor arm off make sure the pole its slid onto isnt rusty, if it is clean it

jay s
23-01-2006, 23:46
just done that mate but no difference, pole is clean as.. i thing i have noticed is the garage have'nt changed the ignition coil, its the same 1 that came with the car ( 1.8 ) they any different? if it is broke would it cause the above to go wrong?

Rich
23-01-2006, 23:49
change it, could be a faulty unit, if not compression test time i'm afraid mate :cry:

jay s
23-01-2006, 23:51
would that mean head gasket as im not loosing any water or got any oil water mix yet, no smoke either.. what would a compression test show??

Rich
23-01-2006, 23:53
if the gasket is shot or on its way out

Swervin_Mervin
23-01-2006, 23:57
Check the cheap stuff 1st. Try wiggling your injectors wires. It's easy for teh plugs to break. One of mine is a bit shagged but the garage managed to bodge it 'til I can be arsed wiring in a new one.

Check your HT leads, spark plugs, dizzy cap and arm etc, etc.

steveos_16valver
24-01-2006, 00:49
yea try injector connectors poss them happened to mine 2

jay s
24-01-2006, 01:00
exactly why i love this site :D :D :D :D :D :D ^^ any of you coming to the pod i owe u a drink, tuned out to be the poxy injector clip had came loose. put it back on problem gone. thanks all, very happy

jay s
24-01-2006, 01:09
where that post gone mate :wink: , as i drove around 25miles on 3 injectors would this cause any kind of damage?

Coops
24-01-2006, 20:41
nah u'll just of had one really shiny petrol cleaned cylinder!!!! for about 20 seconds neway till u fixed the injector, sooted all back up by now probably!! :wink:

wavy
20-05-2006, 15:54
exactly why i love this site Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ^^ any of you coming to the pod i owe u a drink, tuned out to be the poxy injector clip had came loose. put it back on problem gone. thanks all, very happy

where is the injector clip
iv got a misfire im trying to suss out

Coops
20-05-2006, 16:08
its the wiring plugs attatched to the four injectors on the fuel rail on the front of the head, start the engine n wiggle each in turn see if it helps! 8)