PDA

View Full Version : Dammit Dammit Dammit!!!

Coops
23-01-2006, 18:19
Okay sorted o ring now the ****ing thing runs but was idling at 2000rpm, so i took off ISCV and cleaned it again, put it back on and now i start it, revs go straight to 4000 and keep climbing but i turn it off stright away like cuz dont wanna **** it.

what the **** am i sposed to do with that?!!!!

am thinkin new throttle body with potentiometer already set up on it and new ISCV but i cant even get time off work to get up to winstons in bury!!

thinkin am gonna have to go mail order so can people pm me with price for both of these item, guaranteed in top condition and working and with postage mainland uk?!first class if possible, i need the stuff now!!!!

i've put up request for this stuff in wanted n all

oh unless people have any advice what it could be in which case steer me right please cuz am at a ****in loss and mighty pissed off about it to be honest, nothin is ever bloody simple with these cars

dammit dammit dammit

Rich
23-01-2006, 18:24
it will be the tps, taking it off in the first place is asking for tourble if you dont know how to re-set it i'm afraid mate :cry:

Lunner
23-01-2006, 18:25
try re calibrating everything beofre ordering new parts

VIPERONE
23-01-2006, 18:37
have u fiddled with the tps?

Rich
23-01-2006, 18:39
yes he took it off

VIPERONE
23-01-2006, 18:43
LOL

aye get tb with it pre set. lol

Coops
23-01-2006, 18:49
i've tried all the positions it can go in tho and it aint makin a spot of difference moving it, revs drop if u move it quickly but then rise again, and that was b4 it went up to 4000rpm and now i darent even turn the fooker on!

can the postion sensor really make it do that? like said n all, messed with the ISCV and that raised revs, never touched the potentiometer at that point!!

i now know how to set up potentiometer but with it revving that hi i cant leave the engine on long enough to sort it

so new TB??i'll get a ISCV n all while am at it

VIPERONE
23-01-2006, 18:50
can you make it stall by blocking the iscv pipe with your finger/thumb?

Was the idle ok before the conversion?

when you start it does it idle high straight away?

Have you reconnected the speedo cable sensor in dash?

have you earthed it?

mines is doing same thing... i think its the speedo cable... i stupidly wired the ignition pulse through the speedo cable earth..lol. next time i will use a light.

on start up it idles at 1.5k+

Coops
23-01-2006, 18:52
dunno mate, like i said am scared shitless of leavin it runnin for fear of ****in summit! no way am i lettin it run above 3k rpm for even a second after i just spent 2 months rebuildin it!

VIPERONE
23-01-2006, 18:56
pull the iscv pip off the air box and put you finger over it...

the car should stall if it is working correctly.

Coops
23-01-2006, 18:58
i'll go give it a waz now matey!

mattyc
23-01-2006, 19:09
probabaly not relevent but on my old 1.2 i was screwing around with the airbox sensor because i had a dodgy idle and when i reconnected it it just kept reving and reving and getting higher and higher, so in the end i just disconnected the battery for 20mins, plugged it back in and it all worked fine

Coops
23-01-2006, 19:17
tbh mate am willin try nething, am going for a mess about now, if no joy then battery inplug it is!!!
8)

Coops
23-01-2006, 21:48
got the idle back down to bout 13-14 hundred but still well high n noticing few wierd noises n all that am not sure about! damn it just goes on and on!!

got my dads mate whos a mechanic comin over tomos nite i hope to check it over neway so shud b okay this time tomos, fingers crossed!!!

sorry for the randomly pissed off and pointless posting today people, was just seein thru red mist! :shock:

Chris H
24-01-2006, 17:13
tps won't be causing the problem.

tap the icv body with a screwdriver whilst its running and see if it drops it down.