PDA

View Full Version : Respray?

ukbluey
21-01-2006, 11:04
Morning peeps, ive just bought a L plate valver and the paint works looking a bit tired got a few bubbles on rear arches and chips etc across whole car.
I was thinking of having it resprayed but was worried a bit about cost can it just be blown over or does it have to be done from scratch.
How much would it cost for job do you think?? and if i wanted colour change how much its blue at min and i love rich's car in imperial blue would love that.

Rexy
21-01-2006, 11:22
How do fella,

Right with spray jobs generally what you pay for is what you get...

The prepwork is the most important part of it so if you are handy maybe you should try doing some of the prep yourself.

Best thing to do is ask around and get quotes from a few bodyshops this will give you an idea on price's etc while your there check out how they work and the finished job ;)

If you wanted a colour change its just the same really as a blow over but with slightly more work involved.

I went from this:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/Rexy_nova/E967%20ANB/0071e7fb.jpg

to this...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/Rexy_nova/9d0cfdb4.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/Rexy_nova/E967%20ANB/46e0fc30.jpg

I did most of that at college, the paint cost me £70 per litre (glasuric - spelling) It took me in all 5 days that was for a complete strip down (bar engine) prep repairs and then full prime, flat and prepped for spraying.

Note how the interior is still red the outside is actually a baby blue from VW

Full exterior car spray used 2l of paint + thinners + hardner.

Look to pay anything between 600 - 1500 obv it could be done easily for less than £600 but from a bodyshop it will be a quick blowover and the bubbles will show within a few month not to mention imperfections in the paint etc.

hope that gives you some idea fella.

Some more pikkies if you want to see them

http://photobucket.com/albums/a28/Rexy_nova/E967%20ANB/

Gav
21-01-2006, 12:35
my dad does clios [full respray] for about £250
He is v v good, but due to him just startin up this company he wants to get punters interested so his prices r very low

he is based in Tamworth Midlands - and as i said, for a full spray inc materials your lookin at about £250 from him

pm me if your interested

Gav

BRUN
21-01-2006, 18:55
where are you based ?

ukbluey
21-01-2006, 19:00
Thanks for that gav ill see you and your dad friday

Gav
21-01-2006, 19:14
cool 8)

brun if u meant me in in tamworth just off the a5

jay s
21-01-2006, 19:28
:shock: very cheap price from your old man there williama-jr, how long would it take to drive from london to your house, how long is he doing that price for??

Gav
21-01-2006, 19:33
well thats for a basic spray mate, if u need bodywork it is extra, but from tamworth to london is about 3 and a half hours im guessing

price is around until he puts it up but u lads get the williamsclio discount and whatever he quotes u will be cheaper than anyone

Coops
21-01-2006, 23:57
right am there for arches, tidy up and a delock then mate!!! when i got some pennies hobviously!! :lol:

smokey
22-01-2006, 00:26
You have PM williams-jr :lol:

Gav
22-01-2006, 10:51
and you have a reply smokey :D

Coops, give us a bell when u want it doin fella

Coops
22-01-2006, 11:35
will do!! 8)

Flan
23-01-2006, 22:27
£250.. :shock: . wow

does that apply for black clio's :lol: i want mine doing in a few months... how long's the offer on for.. lol

i brought 1L of paint cost me £22 i was done... lol :wink:

how far r you from Milton Keynes

Gav
23-01-2006, 22:29
not far dude, pm me for my postcode and do a AA

offer is open to all PAID williams clio members for a long time - non paid, well, got £7 to spare?
Nah but offer is open to ppl who contact me now, price will still be avaiable when needed spraying. But would prefer it if u were a paid member

just look at everything the club has to offer............................................. .................................................. ................ :roll:

Gav :wink: i know ur tryin ur best Northy :D