PDA

View Full Version : Feels like New

NickFr
17-03-2005, 13:15
just had new cambelt and tensioner fitted, oh and new oilfilter( had not been changed for ages) can someone please explain why?

1. The exhaust has gone from unbelievably loud to sweet but still throaty,
before it was too loud, used to deafen me.

2. The car idles better

3. the car does not get as hot

4. the oil pressure is higher

5. the car pulls better, accelerates better.

I am at a complete loss, it is like a new car...WHY??

KingStromba
17-03-2005, 13:17
just had new cambelt and tensioner fitted, oh and new oilfilter( had not been changed for ages) can someone please explain why?

1. The exhaust has gone from unbelievably loud to sweet but still throaty,
before it was too loud, used to deafen me. No

2. The car idles better If the oil was old it would effect smoothness. Tension may have been wrong on belts

3. the car does not get as hot. New oil has better thermal transfer properties

4. the oil pressure is higher New oil

5. the car pulls better, accelerates better. New oil.

I am at a complete loss, it is like a new car...WHY??

NickFr
17-03-2005, 13:19
KS the car was serviced and oil changed 2 weeks ago, the oil filter was changed today.

KingStromba
17-03-2005, 13:21
Didnt know you could change a filter without oil pissing everywhere? Anyone?

Errm, well maybe the old filter was blocked?

NickFr
17-03-2005, 13:23

Errm, well maybe the old filter was blocked? Your spot on the old filter was rusted on, the mechanic told me that the cam belt was piss easy unlike removing the oil filter. CAN FITTING a new filter make this kind of difference? it was completely blocked

KingStromba
17-03-2005, 13:24
Well if its blocked i guess yes. People will argue with me but my car always goes better after an oil change. Always faster, always smoother.

Swervin_Mervin
17-03-2005, 13:25

Errm, well maybe the old filter was blocked? Your spot on the old filter was rusted on, the mechanic told me that the cam belt was piss easy unlike removing the oil filter. CAN FITTING a new filter make this kind of difference? it was completely blocked

I think your mechanic must have been on acid or something!

NickFr
17-03-2005, 13:26
Well if its blocked i guess yes. People will argue with me but my car always goes better after an oil change. Always faster, always smoother.

Would really love to KNOW WHY, I cannot emphasise how much better the car is :?

NickFr
17-03-2005, 13:29

I think your mechanic must have been on acid or something!

He is a really old sweat running a Reno agency in the middle of nowhere, but the garage is well equiped and he's always busy