PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about this willy for sale?

k9any
17-01-2006, 21:06
As title says, i'm after a williams and seen this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4604579971

Does this car look Kosher to you guys...seems a bit cheap no?

Khany

FATBOY
17-01-2006, 21:19
looks very good example mate! get down there and view it asap! only thing from pics i can see missing is the spark plug cover(£13 from renault), but other than that cant see not much else wrong. the CHF part of the plate looks familiar???

big hp
17-01-2006, 21:26
Looks ok.

Will need paint on the scrape and prob a new tailgate but its cheap enough to do that and nave a lovely car. Providing everything else is ok of course.

k9any
17-01-2006, 21:39
looks very good example mate! get down there and view it asap! only thing from pics i can see missing is the spark plug cover(£13 from renault), but other than that cant see not much else wrong. the CHF part of the plate looks familiar???

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Although I have never owned a clio myself I'm very good friends with mehdi (Clean16v) on clio sport who built that white clio on bodies and had the yellow one as well so may go view with him.

Back to the plate CHF ----- this maybe the clio that has been re-shelled...i knw there was one going about but cant remember?

I'm aslo interested in the phase 1 blue hybrid for sale on this board in the classifieds for £3300 ono...

Any one help me with which one to go for....Standard Williams or well sorted hybrid with lots of mods?

FATBOY
17-01-2006, 21:50

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Although I have never owned a clio myself I'm very good friends with mehdi (Clean16v) on clio sport who built that white clio on bodies and had the yellow one as well so may go view with him.

Back to the plate CHF ----- this maybe the clio that has been re-shelled...i knw there was one going about but cant remember?

I'm aslo interested in the phase 1 blue hybrid for sale on this board in the classifieds for £3300 ono...

Any one help me with which one to go for....Standard Williams or well sorted hybrid with lots of mods?

sup to you mate!!! i think there is a fine balance on this site of both standard willys and 2.0l hybrids! each to there own really! im one of the boring standard guys! lol

Andy
18-01-2006, 08:30
pm northy he nos all about that one what was re shelled

im always a bit worried about cars listed on ebay

it means no one has bought it off trader BE CAREFULL

J o n
18-01-2006, 09:43
alright mate, get the Willy, more exclusive, you know you want to!

k9any
18-01-2006, 10:40
alright mate, get the Willy, more exclusive, you know you want to!

Yeah may well do Jesus lad.....saw you the other day in yours at Tesco Handforth Dean

J o n
18-01-2006, 10:47
there's reasons for and against, depends how much you like the colour scheme and the alloys, as those are usually the first problem associated with modding the Willy... in that they are all blue (well, Willy 3 is some girly blue/purple :wink: ) and the alloys are a trademark style and obviously gold, so any changes here are usually met with stiff opposition... personally I love the Willy looks, colour and alloys (apart from the colour which is boring now... going black/silver!).

either way get one khany, you've always been impressed with the speed and handling of Mehdi's hybrids! for the money you can go faster, BUT, you cant look as good and nor will you handle as good for the money. personally i'd get the Willy, even though its 4 insurance groups higher this makes little difference and you get the exclusivity (get a Willy 1 though imo), plus you have a wider front track, better suspension, so the platform is easier to work on and requires less mods... i'd only get a FULLY sorted hybrid personally, ie wide track, 2.0, cams, the lot basically.

so what happened to the golf mate??? I liked that!

Zollo
18-01-2006, 11:04
I'd buy the Williams and spend the grand you've saved over the Hybrid on making it really nice.

But then I'm with Fatboy, standard all the way :D

TriO`
18-01-2006, 11:38
looks a nice example but you've got to wonder why the owner only kept it for a couple of months

Chris H
18-01-2006, 11:52
looks a nice example but you've got to wonder why the owner only kept it for a couple of months

bought it then tried to insure it, "computer says no" thats the most likely reason tbh!

Or someone said they eat headgaskets and blow up and scared hium into selling it on.

k9any
18-01-2006, 14:17
there's reasons for and against, depends how much you like the colour scheme and the alloys, as those are usually the first problem associated with modding the Willy... in that they are all blue (well, Willy 3 is some girly blue/purple :wink: ) and the alloys are a trademark style and obviously gold, so any changes here are usually met with stiff opposition... personally I love the Willy looks, colour and alloys (apart from the colour which is boring now... going black/silver!).

either way get one khany, you've always been impressed with the speed and handling of Mehdi's hybrids! for the money you can go faster, BUT, you cant look as good and nor will you handle as good for the money. personally i'd get the Willy, even though its 4 insurance groups higher this makes little difference and you get the exclusivity (get a Willy 1 though imo), plus you have a wider front track, better suspension, so the platform is easier to work on and requires less mods... i'd only get a FULLY sorted hybrid personally, ie wide track, 2.0, cams, the lot basically.

Which golf?...the black vr6 has been sold...I now have a 1997 Ford mondeo TD as a run around until I find my next fun car!

Yeah I agree Jesus.....Insurance is not a factor in this decision as you know I've had M3's and the lot so no problem on the insurance front.

Whats so good about the Willy 1 over the Willy 2 or 3? Surely the newer the better?

I was going to get another M3 but I simply don't do enough miles and long distance runs, most of my journys are short and around town etc thats why I want a little nimble street racer type.....the clio is perfect for that. Ideally I would like a Trophy after taking my mates for a long test drive its simply awesome...but at £13500....well over my budget .

I think I will go for a standard Williams ....just need to find a decent one!

So i f you knw of one let me know!!!!!!!!

Khany

Mattie
18-01-2006, 15:04
Whats so good about the Willy 1 over the Willy 2 or 3? Surely the newer the better?

not so m8.....the newer 1s (williams 3) have sun roofs = more weight :wink:

J o n
18-01-2006, 15:59

Which golf?...the black vr6 has been sold...I now have a 1997 Ford mondeo TD as a run around until I find my next fun car!

Yeah I agree Jesus.....Insurance is not a factor in this decision as you know I've had M3's and the lot so no problem on the insurance front.

I was going to get another M3 but I simply don't do enough miles and long distance runs, most of my journys are short and around town etc thats why I want a little nimble street racer type.....the clio is perfect for that. Ideally I would like a Trophy after taking my mates for a long test drive its simply awesome...but at £13500....well over my budget .

I think I will go for a standard Williams ....just need to find a decent one!

So i f you knw of one let me know!!!!!!!!

Khany

yeah mate, the black one was mint! what the fook are you like, buy a car, spend money on it then sell it! still, Mondeo TD is major pimpin' ;)

exactly, M3 was no probs, so group 17 car will be easy, i'm only paying £400 fully comp with NCD protection :D

Willy 1 is the original that's why personally i'd have one of those. they dont have electric mirrors iirc, but they have the all important gold plaque. Willy 2 all electrics and slight cosmetic phase 1 to 2 differences and the Willy 3 is the wrong colour, has extra weight in the doors, ABS, and a ghey sunroof ;) lol

Trophy's are lovely, well wanted the one in Scroteport, but the ****ers wouldn't let me test drive it unless I was buying it :? fookin idiots, that makes sense! Still, as much as I like them it would only ever be a daily replacement for the Willy so I can keep the faster car for weekends, i've spent more than I care to remember on this thing now, but it's half way towards being a very fast car... i've done the expensive bits! lol

I'll keep an eye out bro, if you see any gimme a shout and we can go have a look at them.

MatBrown
19-01-2006, 02:28
I have a Willy 1 for sale.

Mat.

k9any
19-01-2006, 13:11
I have a Willy 1 for sale.

Mat.

You have PM

smokey
23-01-2006, 14:15

Not at all fella...... I sold both my 172 and 182 on ebay without even trying autotrader, you get too many tossers calling if its on trader and both times i wanted a quick sale....both cars took only 3 days to sell :lol:

ziggymini
23-01-2006, 16:15

Not at all fella...... I sold both my 172 and 182 on ebay without even trying autotrader, you get too many tossers calling if its on trader and both times i wanted a quick sale....both cars took only 3 days to sell :lol:

I agree with above - I dont bother with trader anymore either as more success on e-bay. Bought my last 4 cars off there & sold two, no bad experiences YET

Jaine