PDA

View Full Version : Running problem

edde
16-01-2006, 23:53
The cars been locked up for some tim needing fixing but last weekend i got it all done. However I've still got a problem the car starts and runs fine no trouble. Thee coolent and oil warning lights come on when you start the car and never go off I've driven quite a few miles restarted the car and no difference the coolent light came on when the car was first started so its definatly not indicating overheating and the oils fine pressure and temps worked fine I think.

IS it just a matter of unplugging the ECU and trying again.
The other thing is that happned when I used the car when i bought it going down a sliproad both lights cams on a few minutes later when i restarted they disappear and only ever turned up now
Any help apprecaited.

Chris H
17-01-2006, 14:41
dodgy earth I'd say or trapped wires shorting, has the head gasket been changed?

edde
17-01-2006, 20:44
dodgy earth I'd say or trapped wires shorting, has the head gasket been changed?
Nope the cars stood still for a few month almost.
The only thing which was unpluged was that vacume sensor or whatever it is near the drivrs strut top on the firewall. But that was reconnected.

Chris H
18-01-2006, 10:33
that was the MAP sensor.

The lights you mention water etc are nothin gto do with the ecu, they run off the loom to the dash, not to the ecu, so you need to check for shorted wires, dicky earths or a dodgy connection at the plug.

Lunner
18-01-2006, 11:27
Check for mice droppings :shock:

mon
19-01-2006, 01:37
YOU MIGHT NEED TO CHANGE TO THE REDALIGHT BULB..