PDA

View Full Version : looking for another williams must be a two though

willy55
14-01-2006, 21:58
looking for a williams 2 as a track attack project needs to have good bodywork and mechanically be sound around the 2grand mark

2 live
14-01-2006, 23:13
if its only for the track mate.......i can get u an RA spec scoob for 2k

Martin
14-01-2006, 23:22
He want to go fast I expect though^ :wink:

Gav
14-01-2006, 23:23
lol :wink:

Lunner
14-01-2006, 23:58
Mat Brown?

MatBrown
15-01-2006, 02:24
Sold!

Mat.

Coops
15-01-2006, 11:29
why is every1 all of a sudden deciding to butcher classic collectables for the track?!

IMO shud seek out crashed willy n use parts to hybrid a valver for the track, and leave the sound williams' in standard condition for all of us to appreciate fully!!

Zollo
15-01-2006, 11:37
why is every1 all of a sudden deciding to butcher classic collectables for the track?!

IMO shud seek out crashed willy n use parts to hybrid a valver for the track, and leave the sound williams' in standard condition for all of us to appreciate fully!!

Suits me...the less decent Willies there are to choose from, the more valuable it makes the ones in good condition :)

GazTwo
15-01-2006, 11:53
lol....I'm with u there Zollo.... :D

goes outside to wrap the car back up again.... :wink:

Jamie.
15-01-2006, 11:58
id like a hybrid as a track car if all went well... although tbf not many get written off on track, it seems to be over enthusiastic 18-20yr old drivers on b roads.....

MatBrown
15-01-2006, 12:15
Hybrids are no good as they have sunroofs!

Mat.

richy
15-01-2006, 13:21

i dont care as its still a CLIO!!!!!!!!! just saves me buying a 2.0 and wide track when its already there lol

if i crash the williams i will then buy a valver to transfer all good bits over etc

malbon
15-01-2006, 13:49
dont really get this - buy a clio to drag race or track thing. when i get my williams im sure it ll get some track action but its not sky high on the priority of things to do.

There are cheaper, faster, more powerful and more fun cars to drag and track.

I know this is a clio forum ! but if i wanted a cheap laugh on track id get a fiddled with mx5 or 200sx as RWD is a heap more fun. And if i was to get a car to run down the pod..well....erm i wouldn't...cos its a clutch breaking waste of ****ing time !!!!

my 2p :shock:

Mattie
15-01-2006, 14:22

Mat.

all valvers dont have them do they? :?

Daz
15-01-2006, 14:36

Mat.

Yep.

Coops
15-01-2006, 14:37
furry muff! just givin my tuppence is all!

Lunner
15-01-2006, 14:39
Better he butchers a willy 2 than his willy1 :D

FATBOY
15-01-2006, 14:53
lol i knew richy wouldnt be impressed! lol :lol:

Zollo
15-01-2006, 17:00
dont really get this - buy a clio to drag race or track thing. when i get my williams im sure it ll get some track action but its not sky high on the priority of things to do.

I know this is a clio forum ! but if i wanted a cheap laugh on track id get a fiddled with mx5 or 200sx as RWD is a heap more fun. And if i was to get a car to run down the pod..well....erm i wouldn't...cos its a clutch breaking waste of f***king time !!!!

True, there are other cars out there that can make good, fun track cars, but for me, I also want to have a decent turn of speed, and a fiddled with MX5 won't be as quick as a Clio. Here's a challenge...find something that's useable on the road and substantially faster round a track than a decent 2-litre Clio, and I'll Pay Pal you a tenner.

I'm not saying they're the ultimate track car, but they're pretty decent value-for-money performers on track.

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:03
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8868

can i have me tenner now?? :wink:

Zollo
15-01-2006, 17:06
You'd need to fix it up to get it road worthy though, and then that's over 3 grand. :P Plus it's hardly value for money once you start actually using the thing :wink:

Although that is pretty damn good :shock:

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:08
no mate...the car is on the road now..taxed n tested..theres just a few dents in the bodywork...made by a baseball bat.....smile on the bonnet etc. pissed off ex girlfriend

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:09
no need to sort em out if its just for use as track car tho

altho he has bin quoted 700 to get them sorted

Zollo
15-01-2006, 17:13
no need to sort em out if its just for use as track car tho

My tenner is safe (for now!)....

Here's a challenge...find something that's useable on the road and substantially faster round a track than a decent 2-litre Clio, and I'll Pay Pal you a tenner.

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:15
lmao......its on the road now mate..........

the dents dont make any less USABLE

Andyvalver
15-01-2006, 17:16
This might hae a good chance against a 2.0 clio if the guy isnt full of shit :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-5-GT-Turbo_W0QQitemZ4605315294QQcategoryZ9861QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Pm me for my paypal addy :wink:

richy
15-01-2006, 17:16
True, there are other cars out there that can make good, fun track cars, but for me, I also want to have a decent turn of speed, and a fiddled with MX5 won't be as quick as a Clio. Here's a challenge...find something that's useable on the road and substantially faster round a track than a decent 2-litre Clio, and I'll Pay Pal you a tenner.

I'm not saying they're the ultimate track car, but they're pretty decent value-for-money performers on track.

yup agree, i could quite easy buy a faster car for track use but the clio is ideal for track and road and easy to tune up and lots of fun!

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:19
This might hae a good chance against a 2.0 clio if the guy isnt full of s**t :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-5-GT-Turbo_W0QQitemZ4605315294QQcategoryZ9861QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Pm me for my paypal addy :wink:

hmmmmmm u ever see the footage from the 5gtt filming me round oulton?? pretty sure that was a high ish spec motor, lsd, coilovers, stripped, wets/slicks etc..........he dint do too well, he caught me on the braking, but i was pullin away from him down the straights......and i had a passenger(nervous instructor hehe) and full trim

Zollo
15-01-2006, 17:23
There. I win, just Pay Pal'd myself a tenner. End of challenge :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-MITSUBISHI-RED-EVO-2-TURBO-GSR_W0QQitemZ4604461946QQcategoryZ18230QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

richy
15-01-2006, 17:25
that will cost alot more to run and repair then a clio ever will! and dont say jap car wont break they do!!!!!!

Zollo
15-01-2006, 17:27
lmao......its on the road now mate..........

the dents dont make any less USABLE

Sorry, I presumed it was currently a write-off!

Coops
15-01-2006, 17:29
and its nearly hit three grand now, mail the tenner back to yourself, bet still stands!

Zollo
15-01-2006, 17:35
and its nearly hit three grand now, mail the tenner back to yourself, bet still stands!

It's my challenge and my rules, so I still win :P

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:36
no mate.it is currently a cat c..on road.taxed tested..all legal, driving around, jus has a few dents in the bonnet, little dents. and 1 in the door , etc.

Mattie
15-01-2006, 17:47

Mat.

Yep.

thought p1 sun roofs were optional :?

MatBrown
15-01-2006, 17:56

Mat.

Yep.

thought p1 sun roofs were optional :?

Nope.

J regs had the manual tilt sunroof, K onwards had the electric jobbie.

Mat.

2 live
15-01-2006, 17:57
but no sunroofs were an option on the willy 3 rite?? isnt there a 3 on here with no s/r?

malbon
15-01-2006, 18:14

I know this is a clio forum ! but if i wanted a cheap laugh on track id get a fiddled with mx5 or 200sx as RWD is a heap more fun. And if i was to get a car to run down the pod..well....erm i wouldn't...cos its a clutch breaking waste of f***king time !!!!

Of course. Thats why i want me a Williams. What im saying though is if i wanted a dedicated race tool the last thing on my mind would be a ****ing clio ! I wouldn't go out purposely to buy a 'valver' to strip out and tweak 150 brake out of just to run 14's in a quarter mile. I'd just go and buy some jap turbo shit if drag racing was really my bag and waste all the clio's no ?

or am i missing something ??

FATBOY
15-01-2006, 18:47
but no sunroofs were an option on the willy 3 rite?? isnt there a 3 on here with no s/r?

hmmmmmmmm interesting? willy 1 and 2's had the factory option of a sunroof??? (get ya tin opener out and cut it out and bobs ya uncle)

but would they have made a load of willy 3 shells without the sunroof cut into it????

Jamie.
15-01-2006, 18:55
the willy with no sunroof was on a p plate i think so something diff went on there iirc

Zollo
15-01-2006, 20:54
Of course. Thats why i want me a Williams. What im saying though is if i wanted a dedicated race tool the last thing on my mind would be a f***king clio ! I wouldn't go out purposely to buy a 'valver' to strip out and tweak 150 brake out of just to run 14's in a quarter mile. I'd just go and buy some jap turbo s**t if drag racing was really my bag and waste all the clio's no ?

or am i missing something ??

Agreed, but...

I don't think anyone on here just buys a Clio purely for 1/4 miling. Most buy them for track work and day to day usage as well, and I'm not sure there are many cars that can do all of those things combined particularly better than a Clio, for three grand.

It's not just the Clio either. IMO most hot hatches offer the best compromise of overall performance per pound (not exclusively straight-line speed, of course). A lot of it comes down to running cost too - they're cheaper to run and insure than a three grand Scooby. Most would choose a Scooby as a track car, but who can afford it?

And yes, you're missing out a large chunk of fun with fwd cars that can't provide power oversteer, but unfortunately, most track organisers and marshals don't take kindly to cars drifting around the entire track, so that's not such as issue (though yes, rwd is supposedly still the purer experience). Plus fwd cars are easier to drive fast, which invariable means people driving supposedley better cars get made to look stupid on track days. Frequently.

So that's why they're used for track day cars :)

Martin
15-01-2006, 20:57
I think you've hit the nail on the head there Matt! :) I mean a Skyline Gtr is a beast of a car up the 1/4 and round a track but whats more fun driving one round a track ...or chasing and overtaking one in a lowly clio :wink: PLus I have'nt won the lottery yet or I would probably have a gt-r ....heh but for now the clio will do!

malbon
15-01-2006, 21:06
Nicely put Zollo. Ill take that :lol:

willy55
15-01-2006, 21:08
think i hit a nerve with people there. just been round autosport international today picked up a few ideas on what to run and competitions to do so ill keep you posted, but what ever car i have also need to be used every day

any more ideas though keep them coming on different cars to have, but would prefer a hot hatch.

even the people i was talking to said the williams was the best out of the box track car and even one guy missed out on buying one on ebay last week