PDA

View Full Version : COILOVERS

L3WLM
10-01-2006, 22:53
im thinking about getting a set of coilovers for my clio williams 3,are they worth it?

whats the best 2 go 4?

dont want 2 spend silly money tho!

cheers
Andrew

Martin
10-01-2006, 22:56
tbh unless you are gonna track it I would'nt bother...but if you are set on coilovers..Avos (£420) are good in mine and others members opinions or Leda if you are a lottery winner!

richy
10-01-2006, 23:00
tbh unless you are gonna track it I would'nt bother...but if you are set on coilovers..Avos (£420) are good in mine and others members opinions or Leda if you are a lottery winner!

agree in a way, if u intend to track it then yes fair enough buy some but i still think the std set-up with a few alterations is good enough imo

Dancliovalver
10-01-2006, 23:04
yup i use AVO, very impressed with em

Lunner
10-01-2006, 23:17
KW are ment to be very good, quite cheap through tweeks aswell

2 live
11-01-2006, 09:29
there were only AVOs available when i bought mine, except leda but i wasnt payin overr a grand for susp.

cant fault em tbh...on the road they can be as comfy(soft) as the oe dampers, but the springs are a little bit harder, bit stiffer, and less roll thru the twisties....which is always a good thing in my books. which to some ppl may make it feel a bit crashy, especially when used in conjunctiuon with a stiffer sidewalled tyre. but each to their own, iv driven both brand new susp, and brand new coilovers, used both, prefer the coilovers. maybe its just my driving style, but they do give u slightly more feedback than oe stuff, sharper turn in, improved braking, lots of other things u wouldnt ness. associate with shox.

buy em.........u wont be disappointed

2live recommended *****

matty
12-01-2006, 19:52
Think FK's also do them for Willy as they seem to be teh ones KTEC advertise.

I got mine for Valver 3 years ago and they are firmer ride but much more chuckable on the car than the old suspension but then that would have been 7 years old so any "new" suspension would have been an improvement.