PDA

View Full Version : ICE Heads

Smokey McPot
09-01-2006, 21:33
I'm looking to change the stereo and speakers in 123.....

I want to replace the front and rear speakers, i believe there are only 4 in the car......13cm/5" ones in the front doors, and some either side of the parcel shelf on the back.

Can anyone help me sort a good system out including headunit, for around £250....

The headunit must be a CD changer, with an aux-in, preferabley a full iPod interface (such as Kenwood)

Power isnt a big issue, but clarity of sound is. Obviously given a bigger budget I'd look to get a professional installation. But I'm so far out of the loop with this stuff some advice would be most appreciated.

northy
10-01-2006, 09:17
Are you wanting to go down factory fit replacment speakers, or add two to the parcel shelf ?

You want any amps or small subs ????

Lunner
10-01-2006, 10:43
Cliosport would be a better place to ask :lol:

Anders
10-01-2006, 12:22
TBH you ain't gonna get a great sound by just replacing the 4 small speakers...I know.

But with the Willy interior there are no holes in the door cards for speakers, however there is a hole in the door sill for a speaker - if you fancy cutting holes in your doorcards. Definaltely NOT an option for me.

In the end I just got a semi-decent head unit (CD/MP3/WMA blah blah blah) and got the best 4" components I could get, with ickle tweeters velcro mounted on front dash and rear shelf where set belts come from.

Try www.bassjunkies.com and have a look around.

Smokey McPot
10-01-2006, 13:51
Cliosport would be a better place to ask :lol:

I know, but they'd try to convince me that Neons, and a bootfull of Plasma screen and Xbox's was the way to go :D

Just after the best i can get for the money, which i agree, is pretty optimistic, but its gotta be better than the cardboard original speakers i have at the momet.

Cutting holes anywhere is not an option for me.

BRUN
10-01-2006, 14:24
your budget isnt anywhere near enough

cd changer packages are very basic in the ~£150 range, leaving £100 for 4 speakers and an ipod interface which wouldnt fit on the basic package headunits anyway, and that will probably cost £60 on its own

try £350+ and you might come close to something decent

Swervin_Mervin
10-01-2006, 14:42
For cheap speakers I can recommend Magnat Bullpower. Had them in my old xsara and they were pretty good. I had the components. I believe the willy is a different setup to the valvers though in that they only have a poverty spec 4 speakers and not 6? :wink:

I also had a set of £50 pioneer 2 ways in the back. Don't know if they were any good though as their positioning meant you couldn't hear them! :oops:

Lunner
10-01-2006, 15:31
What about mpounting teh speakers int eh door chasis and putting the door card back over the top, hidden teh, or am i yalking outa my arse lol

northy
10-01-2006, 15:38
For cheap speakers I can recommend Magnat Bullpower. Had them in my old xsara and they were pretty good. I had the components. I believe the willy is a different setup to the valvers though in that they only have a poverty spec 4 speakers and not 6? :wink:
I also had a set of £50 pioneer 2 ways in the back. Don't know if they were any good though as their positioning meant you couldn't hear them! :oops:

Williams 3's have 6 speakers mate :D

Swervin_Mervin
10-01-2006, 15:42
Where are the willy front speakers normally then?

Purple
10-01-2006, 15:52
If you can find an active subwoofer to fit under the seat, you can get away with a pair component speakers in front. 4" mid-bass in the grill and tweeters on the dash. Components powered by the headunit while the pre-out goes to the subs. Though with your budget, you might have to look at second-hand stuff.

northy
10-01-2006, 15:57
Williams 1's - 2 front speakers only (either side of the dash board)

Williams 2's - 2 front speakers only (either side of the dash board)

Williams 3's - 2 front dash board speakers, 2 door speakers & 2 rear speakers. Plus they came with steering wheel controls for the stereo

Smokey McPot
10-01-2006, 17:15
Williams 1's - 2 front speakers only (either side of the dash board)

Williams 2's - 2 front speakers only (either side of the dash board)

Williams 3's - 2 front dash board speakers, 2 door speakers & 2 rear speakers. Plus they came with steering wheel controls for the stereo

cheers northy.

I've also found a nice H/U with Ipod interface for £175. I'll go speaker shopping at some point. The stereo aint a big deal really, as i got a production studio too, so any proper music listening i can do there :)

BRUN
10-01-2006, 17:49
are you sure that comes with the ipod interface or is just ipod interface compatible ?

most adapters are £50+, such as the Pioneer one, the Alpine one, the Kenwood one etc

Smokey McPot
10-01-2006, 18:38
Its a bundle deal.

BRUN
11-01-2006, 20:50
link ?

Justin..
11-01-2006, 20:57
What about mpounting teh speakers int eh door chasis and putting the door card back over the top, hidden teh, or am i yalking outa my arse lol

thats would be so pointless lol, they would sound shite :shock:

Lunner
11-01-2006, 21:05

thats would be so pointless lol, they would sound shite :shock:

Talking outa my arse then lol, as you can see i'm not into my ICE, as long as i can hear it over the exhaust on the motorway i'm happy

Smokey McPot
11-01-2006, 22:52
link ?

found this for £150 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4426.html

BRUN
11-01-2006, 23:49
if you want good sound quality mate id start with something a little better

Smokey McPot
12-01-2006, 14:30
Meh.

It'll do till i have more money. :D