PDA

View Full Version : brakes

ward
08-01-2006, 19:35
well im new to the clio scene and i dont have a clue about anything to do with these cars so im hopin that u people can help.

well basically the brakes r rubbish and the car doesnt want to stop.
i have put new pads all round and have bled them perfect.
i have been told that i may need a new servo as only the front right and rear left brakes r working just wondering wat u guys thought.

tricky
08-01-2006, 19:40
Sounds like it mate. The brakes are X-split so if one piston/seal in the master cylinder fails you loose one side of the front and the opposite side of the back. Luckily it's an easy job to do on the 16v/williams as there's loads of room to work behind the engine.

New master cylinder can be had cheaply enough from www.gsfcarparts.com Part number R65205. Or the renault part number is: 77 01 205 094

Fit, bleed all 4 callipers and enjoy.

ward
09-01-2006, 20:28
i actually put on a 2nd hand 1 which i got from a renault brakers and its still doin the same thing.

could it b that i need to change the servo?

Lunner
09-01-2006, 21:02
Might be, might also be the fact that one side hasn't been bled properly or has a blockage or something due to a ****ed rubber hose, although that usually causes the brakes to stick on

tricky
09-01-2006, 21:35
Dont think theres any chance of it being the servo. Think it would be a coincidence that there was just air in the opposing callipers.

The other major thing is that there could be a leak in either one of the mentioned callipers seals or their pipes. I'd have an urgent check for this and keep an eye on the fluid level.

tricky
09-01-2006, 21:38
Get someone to apply pressure to the brake whilst you have a good look at all the brake lines/callipers. Also see if they note the pedal slowly sinking. It probably wouldn't go all the way to the floor due to one circuit still working but would deffo gradually sink

ward
10-01-2006, 15:59
the pedal always goes to the floor gradually like theres no pressure.

1 thing i did notice is dat there is nothing coming out of the front caliper but drizzle coming out of the rear 1.

the car has been lying up in the garage for bout 6 months,so i couldnt remember exactly wat happened its only cause me bro reminded me.

sorry about not being clear on things its just that i never remembered.

Chris H
11-01-2006, 10:10
this is not a servo issue, the servo has nothing to do with brakign apart from making the pedal lighter.

The master cylinder is what does the shifting.

I doubt 2 masters will be faulty in the same way and tbh the master's are very reliable.

if you have no fluid comign out well, maybe its just me but thats fecking obvious why the brakes are not working.

Go spend 20 quid and get 4 new rubber brake pipes.

When you fit them make sure all the bleed nipples are OPEN. Also cable tie the bias valve closed.

Then bleed it.