PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAVE YOU HAD DONE TO YOUR CLIO???

serks2
06-01-2006, 14:07
im just running out of ideas what to do next???? Ive got my cams done, air filter,and de cat!!! What next???

Dancliovalver
06-01-2006, 14:13
throttle bodies?
ported polished and gas flowed?
2.0ltr bottom end?
lightened and balanced bottom end??

can think of more mate, best thing to do is ring up a Renault tuner IE nick at Hillpower and tell em ur budget and they will tell u the way forward

serks2
06-01-2006, 14:24
have they got a web site mate???

Dancliovalver
06-01-2006, 14:26
yes matey www.hillpower.co.uk or call nick on 01530273633

J o n
06-01-2006, 14:27
you had it mapped yet?

if not do that... or spend the money on a 2.0 bottom end or ideally, whole engine

serks2
06-01-2006, 14:31
Do you know anywere in or near london were i could get it done???

Dancliovalver
06-01-2006, 14:51
bb tuning/ ktec??

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/selector.asp

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1372

dont know how far they are away from u?

serks2
06-01-2006, 15:01
cheers

Dancliovalver
06-01-2006, 15:14
:wink:

Gav
06-01-2006, 15:44
Renault Clio 16v Performance Mods

Hill Power Modified Chip.
MC01
All of our Renault modified chips are developed and programmed in house on our Superflow engine dynomometer and have been mapped for optimum performance and engine safety by revising both the fuelling and ignition maps, giving power gains of approx 10/12 bhp All subsequent chip upgrades included in higher spec engine modifications, (provided the upgrade work is undertaken by us) are £35-00. Chip price includes fitting and rev limiter increase where appropriate.

Cold Air Under Bumper Scoop.
UBS01
Air induction scoop which fits under the dirt shield on the near side of the car, allowing cold air to be feed straight to the induction kit.

Standard Air Box Performance Filter.
STF16VCL
Direct replacement RAMAIR foam filter to fit the original air box.

Catalytic Converter By-pass Pipe.
CBP16VCL
Direct replacement straight through pipes allow exhaust gases to vacate the engine far quicker allowing better filing of the combustion chamber aiding engine pick up and power. (Vehicles registered after 01/08/92 require a cat for emission regulations). Supplied with mounting bolts.

Hill Power Modified Cylinder Head fitted.
MH16VCL
Cylinder heads are fully rebuilt using new genuine parts as necessary, ports are reshaped and valve seat angles are modified to aid better flow into and out of the head, we also port the inlet and exhaust manifolds, (why port the head if the manifolds restrict gas flowing or out). Fast road camshafts are fitted with aluminium vernier pullies for accurate modified camshaft timing and one of our own modified chips mapped to suit this specific conversion, giving a power increase of approx 15-20 bhp. Heads are also skimmed for increased compression ratio and most important flatness. Included in the kit are all necessary gaskets, seals, and a new camshaft belt. All modified cylinder heads are exchange and price includes fitting.

Hill Power Cam conversion fitted.
CC16VCL
This conversion whilst not having the same top end power, as a complete modified head will give noticeable power gains through modified fast road cams, vernier pullies and a Hill Power chip to suit. Conversion Kit includes new camshaft belt, appropriate gaskets and fitting and vernier set up

Colour coded rocker cover.
CRC16V Rocker cover sprayed to the colour code of your car. (Exchange, deposit required on mail order).

2.0litre engine conversions.
This is where the power starts to get really serious. The 2.0l engine has far greater torque at lower revs than the 1764cc engine giving the engine much better pulling power from lower in the rev range (no waiting for 4500revs with these motors. Specifications available on request, from our STD engine conversion to throttle body inlet systems and beyond

Rocker Gasket.
RCG16V

Caps and covers.
Ignition coil cover - ACC01

Hill Power silicone hose set.
SH16V19
Silicone hose sets comprise all water hoses except the bottom hose and are available in various colours. Blue is our standard colour. Other colours available, Red, Yellow, Green and Purple. These non standard sets cost an additional 15% with a delivery of min 28 days payment on order.

HFilter cleaning and re-oiling kit.
FKK01
Cleaning kit suitable for Ramair type foam filters.

Up-rated Brakes>
Rather than sell lots of different makes of up rated brakes we only sell 2 makes of disc and 1 make of pad (in 2 different compounds depending on usage), and that’s because we know they work.
Ate discs are German made and are T.U.V. approved. Used by many leading manufacturers as original equipment. The performance discs have a unique elliptical groove that cut the pads in both directions (outside to inside, inside to outside), which gives very good and even disc wear. The second make of performance discs we sell are Tar-Ox. They may not be the cheapest brakes on the market, but with braking, quality counts. Tar-Ox discs are heat treated and chilled to take any movement from the material before they are machined greatly reducing the chances of warping. Pads to many people are a matter of (Get some race pads in they’ll stop you). Probably will on a racetrack, but old Grannies only jump out on you when your brakes are cold. Tar-Ox pads have great stopping power even when cold, straight of the drive. Granted give them an extreme amount of grief and you may get a bit of fade. If that’s the case and you do need a tougher pad, there is a race/rally version as well.

all info taken from hillpower - not for my own use but to help member out

may even get you some more business Nick :D

stan
06-01-2006, 18:23
Im based in North London. Im busy for the next 4/5 weeks, but after that i can build you an engine to whatever spec you want.

get me on msn: craigstanley_781@hotmail.com if you want to discuss options

all the best

Craig

smokey
10-01-2006, 01:59
To my valver i have
fitted williams engine, box and interior
Hi-Spec 4 pots and 300mm discs
gaz coilovers lowered approx -70mm all round but am gonna raise it a little
williams rims wrapped in brand new GSD3'S (soon to be white or silver with polished rim)
full magnex and decat
Viper closed I/K (and adaptor thanks to Brun;) )
uprated clutch

Engine is 100% unmolested at the moment, full respray and a cage 1st i think....funds permitting

northy
10-01-2006, 09:07
you got them brakes to fit smokey ?

Mattie
10-01-2006, 10:07
Hill Power Modified Chip.
MC01
All of our Renault modified chips are developed and programmed in house on our Superflow engine dynomometer and have been mapped for optimum performance and engine safety by revising both the fuelling and ignition maps, giving power gains of approx 10/12 bhp All subsequent chip upgrades included in higher spec engine modifications, (provided the upgrade work is undertaken by us) are £35-00. Chip price includes fitting and rev limiter increase where appropriate.

is this the price if you have other work dun there as well or is this just the standard price for fittin a chip and remap?

smokey
10-01-2006, 10:53
you got them brakes to fit smokey ?

They went straight on no problems mate, just squeeze behind my 15" willy wheel with about 3mm clearance.
The only trouble i had was with the union when I tried to undo the old hoses and fit my braided brake lines...but got there in the end.
I just need to buy some new brake pads as the ones supplied are DS3000 and are shite for every day use.
Some pics to follow shortly :)

Hulio
16-01-2006, 14:51
What I have done to my valver off the top of my head..

2.0 F7R
Wide track with -35 springs
prima willy replica's with goodyear gsd3's
ITG airfilter
Full magnex exhaust and unsilenced decat
full phase 2 exterior makeover
Prima rear brakelight spoiler
Headlight protectors
Clear side repeaters
willy clocks and gearknob
Aftermarket steeringwheel and handbrake

Planned....

Chip
Bodywork tidy up including some colour coding and relocation of side repeaters.

Oh and my heater matrix has packed up so I have to get that fixed...and my sunroofs seized....and somebody tried to break in damaging my door...and I cracked a wing......aaaarghghgh

The joys of motoring...

Andyvalver
16-01-2006, 18:32
Ive not owt really. Just a de-cat and ik

Things to do...

Get the arches sprayed as they are a tad rusty these days
Needs the rear quarters spraying too cuz some little cunt keyed it :evil:
Not even sure if im gonna get it sprayed just so it can get keyed again :cry:
Thats it really