PDA

View Full Version : Coilover group buy.

POWARTEK
03-01-2006, 14:02
Just gauging intrest in how many peopel would be intrested in a KW Coilover group buy.

Ive ran this with other forums before with a good sucess (mainly Ford clubs)

what Im offering is a good saving on KW coilover suspension for the Clio Williams.

You have the choice of a Varient 1 or varient 2 kit.

Varient 1 is a height adjustable kit only, with pre-set dampening rates.
Varient 2 is a height adjustable and also infinitely adjustable rebound

You also have the option of a kit without the rear shockers.

Both sets coem with INOX stainless protection which stops the threads from seizing.

northy
03-01-2006, 14:08
im intrested..what price would we be looking at for the V2's ?

POWARTEK
03-01-2006, 14:52
This is working with a minimum of 5 kits.

Lunner
03-01-2006, 15:27
How do KW compare to the likes of Avo, Gaz, and FK?

northy
03-01-2006, 15:51
Thanks for the info pal....but im not in.

POWARTEK
03-01-2006, 15:53
KW are in terms of build quality way ahead of AVO/GAZ, more on par with top level Eibach and H&R Units.

Never had anything to do with FK so cant compare.

Lunner
03-01-2006, 21:44
Sorry but not at that price

Jason
04-01-2006, 10:10
FK is same quality with the KW but cheaper, even if bought from K-tec (http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1373)
Plus there was a group buy for Leda recently.
Are you working with any other makes perhaps?

debottomley
06-01-2006, 17:15
Good price that mate.

Recommend POWARTEK to anyone, excellent advice, overall service and delivery.

J o n
06-01-2006, 18:20
this place have variant 2 with rears for cheaper than your group buy by the looks of things :?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=41997

there's also these:

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=32551

POWARTEK
16-01-2006, 16:15
The £615 is comparable to my £575.00 price. so which one is cheaper?

northy
16-01-2006, 16:36
can you better demon tweeks mate ?

J o n
16-01-2006, 16:39
I notieced you put the Avo and Gaz coilovers in the same bracket, but Gaz really are the pits, standard cars handle far better, but the Avo's I think are well under rated after driving and being in cars with them... they are deffo a step up from standard.

what other makes do you have, I'd like coilovers, but I don't want to spend that much... but I also wouldn't want GAZ ones... what deals could you do on AVO's mate?

POWARTEK
17-01-2006, 02:43
I will check the DT price northy and repost accordingly,

Ive just started to egt teh Weitec parts in, just waiting for the full listing to coem through thou atm. These are made by KW, very high quality but dont have the INOX stainless as the KW originals.

I wont be putting deal up with AVO as I wouldnt be able to match some dealers on them.

Martin
17-01-2006, 20:49
I notieced you put the Avo and Gaz coilovers in the same bracket, but Gaz really are the pits, standard cars handle far better, but the Avo's I think are well under rated after driving and being in cars with them... they are deffo a step up from standard.

what other makes do you have, I'd like coilovers, but I don't want to spend that much... but I also wouldn't want GAZ ones... what deals could you do on AVO's mate?

How do you figure Gaz are soo bad? They fitment is wank but are'nt really bad in terms of performance.

POWARTEK
18-01-2006, 03:10
build quality is poor.

J o n
18-01-2006, 09:45

How do you figure Gaz are soo bad? They fitment is wank but are'nt really bad in terms of performance.

had a go against the white beast on GAZ coilovers and pissed all over it with standard suspension... and that's a far far far faster car... no matter what settings same results. Mehdi can drive too, so it's deffo not an ability thing, he's been driving clio's a lot longer than I have! lol

Zollo
18-01-2006, 10:27
had a go against the white beast on GAZ coilovers and pissed all over it with standard suspension... and that's a far far far faster car... no matter what settings same results. Mehdi can drive too, so it's deffo not an ability thing, he's been driving clio's a lot longer than I have! lol

:shock: You can't compare coilovers in that way! You need to drive a car to get a good feeling. And even then, if they're adjustable, you've got to make sure it's set up right!

Anyway, of course you beat him, you were on standard suspension :P

J o n
18-01-2006, 11:02
the people that set it up know what they are doing and even said why did he buy them... but us NW lads know how to test our cars out to the extreme and trust me, after a few RA's and some long and short bends it really was no comparison. tried with full dampening and set to low as hell, made a bit of difference, but the conclusion was that he should have opted for std setup... i've only ever been in GAZ and AVO coilovered' cars and the AVO's are better than the std setup and GAZ are worse... both imo of course, but i'm always right, so take it as gospel :lol:

Zollo
18-01-2006, 11:19
People have been believing the Gospel and Jesus for years, so I'm not about to stop the trend on this occasion :P

J o n
18-01-2006, 11:26
praise the lord'ah!